Old Photo - Model T Oats Powered "Hoover Wagon"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Model T Oats Powered "Hoover Wagon"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:09 am:

Very rare 21 HP model

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:19 am:

The smoking gun photo of "running without tires" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:25 am:

I've seen a couple like that from Canada seems they called them Bennitt Buggy's up there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:01 am:

My aunt was raised in Canada, I recall her talking about the North of 49 version of the "Hoover wagon" - was it Bennett or Benson ?

I think to be a proper Hoover wagon, the body had to be removed and a hay-rick or other horse drawn wagon box placed on the automobile running gear. In the 60's seems there was one or more on every farm. Lots of teens and 20s bodies here and there in fence rows and ditch banks. Great source for gathering up enough stuff for "bitsa" Ts !! Still usable tires, unlimited wheels. Within ten to twelve years, weather had taken its toll, and wheels I found were no longer sound. Funny, I thought that stuff would just "always" be around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Even with all the c**p going on today that's one era I'm glad I missed concerning the "good old days". All my Grandparents and most of the older folks I knew years ago were marked by it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

They were called Bennett Buggies in Canada, after Prime Minister Bennett. Somewhere out on the praries (Saskatoon, maybe?) there's a museum that keeps one in all its engine-less glory to pull behind a horse in parades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:32 pm:

I agree with you Charlie B! My mother told us stories about how her mother would fix a plate for everyone but herself, but would eat whatever was left on the other plates at the end of the meal. To this day mom always leaves a little bit on her plate,glad I missed that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

In the Ozarks, they often removed the engine and body, and replaced it with a wagon box. I never heard them called "Hoover Wagons" in my family. Both sides of the family were Rock-ribbed Republicans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

The tradition continues...

(These may be Milosevic Wagons though)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 04:04 pm:

Some of those pics look as if the car body is just on a wagon to go on it's last ride to the junkyard.
The white 1 cut off mid roof looks to be functional

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

The first one (posted by Jay) is especially interesting. It has to be one of the fanciest Hoover-wagons I have ever seen a photo of. A center-door sedan with drum headlamps no less! I offhand do not recall seeing that one before.
All the rest are excellent as well, illustrating people's ability to persevere in hard times.
Thanks to all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

And an accessory visor too !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

Wonder if the horses are given Marvel Mystery Oil ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration