Old Photo - Repurposed Model T Rear End

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Repurposed Model T Rear End
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:30 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:35 am:

oh, boy. It looks like it still has the babbitt thrust washers..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:08 am:

Sharpening the edges on the wheel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:39 am:

About 1958 59 or 60 i did the same with the front axel from a 27 chevy. Between two farms there lots of 600x16 tires on chevy rims.I did quite a lot of trolling with a rig like that but i never got anywhere.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:08 pm:

I thought we were gonna see it being used as a gearbox. Ive seen them used to convert a mule drawn cane mill into a belt driven one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Hey look, it's one of those guys that runs without tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Proof that you can run without most of the OE parts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

Early Trotting Gig.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

It's from the movie Ben Hur, it's a Roman Chariot...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:13 pm:

Joe is right. With a rig like that one can do a lot of roaming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Are you sure the gears can handle the horsepower???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

I canít tell, does he have disc brakes on that thing?j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Sulky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:31 am:

Who says I'm sulking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Just watch out for the exhaust...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

If that rig were here in Califunny... It would need an E.P.F. (equine particulate filter) installed to filter the exhaust, so as not to offend any Prius drivers ;)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration