Old Photo - Posing On The Running Board Of The Company Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Posing On The Running Board Of The Company Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:08 am:

That is "Little Debbie" on her 1925 Little Debbie Snack Cakes tour promoting her products.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:09 am:

I believe it's "little Darla" with little Debbie taking the picture. After the running board brace incident as it has become to be known Darla was considered more photogenic :-) It's my understanding Debbie ate too many of her snack cakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

You're right Gary I forgot about the dreadful running board incident but I discovered that cupcakes can be healthy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

The running board brace incident was no accident! My Grandfather went to school with those girls and he said that earlier in the day he had seen Elizabeth(Betty)Crocker crawling out from under the car while trying to hide a hacksaw under her sweater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

A tip of the muffin top to ya for that tid bit of info. !! But back to Elizabeth Crocker and that hacksaw. I know that incident changed how we all think about snacks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

I think that your Grandfather had a thing for little Debbie after being shunned by Betty and made that story up. I hear the hacksaw incident has never been proven even though Betty did take the blame. I do however believe it led to the great cake batter brawl of '26 which was the precursor of today's ladies mud wrestlers, but more tastefully done. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 05:48 pm:

Were the dough boys involved in the 26 batter brawl or am I nuts? I heard they were really frosted over the whole thing. So, it wasnt Betty? If that dont take the cake!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

Betty was known to bake some hacksaw blades into her cakes when boyfriends got into trouble with the law. Whether anyone saw through the running board bracket incedent is still up in the air. Big Debbie was the one I would have been afraid of. I believe she is the one shown in the logo if we zoom in a little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

The Dough Boys may have been involved in the great batter brawl of '26 because someone added yeast to the mix which caused a major up rising in the snack cake business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

Good lord Perry you come up with some good ones LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

Perry the major uprising was in the middle yeast. I dont think Betty Crocker took the fall during her rise. I think little Debbie and Suzie Q set here up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

Ahhh, Suzie Q, Debbie's little nutty buddy. That sure must have frosted big Debbie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

AHH yes the famous Suzie Q surfaces once again always stirring the pot and causing heat in the kitchen. But it was said that Betty did have a run in with them and it was a real Zinger, I guess she told them where they could put their sticky buns!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

What did you expect from a couple of Ho Ho's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

Betty was indeed known for getting mixed up with some real crumbs. Some said she was off her crocker.

That logo portrait of Big Debbie points up a family resemblance, and an obscure connection. Big Deb married a man named Neuman in the late 1930s, they had a son they named Alfred Eggbert . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Twinkie the kid was dating Betty at the time but he was too much of a cream puff to defend her honor!

And all of this because Jay posted a little girl on a running board!

Can you say cabin fever!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

One of those crumbs Betty me was a half baked Quaker named Oats. He was usually half baked with a bland personallity. That would have been prior to the marriage in the late 30's. She hung out with some real Ding Dongs during that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

When they were dating was Betty feeling her Oats?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

Of course we all remember Betty's uncle Davy Crocker who coined the famous "Pie Alamo-ed". It's funny to see the girl standing on a Model T because the family usually drove their Swiss Rolls. It was Macaroon with Black fenders and previously owned by a Cobbler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 11:52 pm:

Mr Keebler was the cobblers name. He bought the Swiss Rolls with the dough he saved while living in and old tree.
Brrr. Its cold out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:17 am:

I heard Little Debbie got into trouble because she super glued her pet Parakeet's feet to the table. Oh wait, I think I got that story confused with another one. Never mind. :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 04:19 am:

Yep, it's cold out here too. No heat in the garage. :-( :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 05:47 am:

Speaking of Davy Crocker, history tells us that Santana's army made mincemeat out of his troops only to be defeated by the dough boys led by Sam "Strudel" Houston on April 21, 1836.
As for Keebler the Cobbler, I heard he died of cabin fever preferring to live in the trunk of the Rolls rather than the trunk of a tree. He was buried in the family plot and topped with a caramel sauce and cherries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 06:58 am:

It's all just a sad tale according to big Debbie's memoir. Regardless of you cut the dough boys her life was no piece of cake living in the shadows of lil Debbie and Darla. Her mother was a crumb and her father only wanted to loaf. It's no wonder at an early age she ran off to join the ring ding brothers. Regardless of how she tried to fill her insides with goodness, there was always a void, sometimes complete emptiness. In the end, they all succumbed to consumption

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Santana's army would not have been able to defeat them if it were not for the help of the Frito Bandito who showed up at the Pie Alamo-ed with reinforcements.

As the battle raged Aunt Jemima and Mrs Butterworth, two very brave women, tried the best as they could to tend to the wounded. Assisted by Mr. Peanut

the brave ladies worked on thru the night but poor Mr. Peanut could not keep up because he was not all he was cracked up to be. A shell of his former self he spread himself as thin as butter, he collapsed and was carried from the battle on a slice of whole wheat bread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Davey Crocker knew the chips were down when he saw the Frito Bandito arrive with the cheese doodle battalion. Unable to crush them as night fell all he could do is hope the bright light from the moon pie would give them the advantage as they waited for the arrival of Sta-Puff marshmellow man

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Meanwhile, Ernie and all the Keebler elves were planning a surprise attack while secreted away in their "tree lair". An alliance with Snap, Crackle & their father, "Pop", promised a good result. However, a tanker of spilled milk caused their plans to crumble. Tears ensued. If they had only had more "dough" to invest in the project, things might have been very different! But, not to worry, the Kellogg's Corn Puff Canon Battalion was on its way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Cap N Crunch showed up with the corn puff cannon batallion and with Snap,Crackle and there Pop really turned things around for a while at the ala mode but Corn flakes Jackson never showed. Frito Bandito won that round but they didnt cry over the spilled milk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:10 am:

It looks desperate. They'll be lucky, and charmed indeed, to survive. Too bad, as they've really put their hearts into this for many moons, thanked their lucky stars. Alas, they'll soon be laying in the clover...

Tune in next week for another exciting episode in this cereal...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:15 am:

Snap, crackle and their pop, were eventually pulverized by the Mueslix gang. A nutty bunch and at times hard to swallow, but when it's time for action, they can really get things moving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:21 am:

No doubt they were Trixed into a trap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Most folks don't know that Jemima was Deb's, Darla's and big Deb's aunt. It was a family secret that was revealed when the Entenmens came forward and spilled the beans. Aunt Jemima was known to be fond of chocolate and flours. Her position sifted as soon as word got out about her Baby Ruths

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:38 am:

Yes, the existence of her Baby Ruths caused Snickers within her social set. The father is rumored to be her Nutty Buddy. While he was Mounds of fun, some folks could take him or leave him, sometimes you feel like a nut... sometimes you don't...

Life was hard for Jemima from then on. She waffled from one place to the next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:43 am:

.. her end was tragic. While walking across a parking lot on very hot day, (some said hot as a skillet), she slipped on a pat of butter and fell down. Tragically, and very coincidentally, she was run over and flattened like a pancake, by Big Deb, driving her fancy and large new motor car, the "Spatula 8".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:34 am:

Well we are getting slammed on the "Old Photo's" post for writing funny captions under the pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:48 am:

Maybe I shouldn't have posted on "Which way to the Surf" thread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:52 am:

Perry,

As near as I could tell, ONE person seemed mildly put off by the "funny" comments... wow.

Gee whiz...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:54 am:

WOW, Perry, that thought has my head in pecan twirls. Sour balls, the bunch of them. Maybe we should appease them with a little artificial sweetner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:55 am:

Funny? I thought this was all true. I guess I'm just a poor history Puff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:57 am:

Dallas,

:-) :-) :-)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Wow this thread has strayed....all the way out to the Milky Way!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

Sadly, the humor can be offensive and I apologize to those who find it out of place. I enjoy the old photos very munch and hope folks that share them with us will continue to do so. As for the Humorists, I imagine we will stick together like the 3 Musketeers. I spend a big hunk of my day krackeling with laughter. When I'm in a crunch between payday and a rocky road I'm ready for S'more humor. This forum means a lot of different things to many people. Some topics are over my head or beyond my interest but they belong here as long as they bring some happiness to others.
My thanks to those who share in what they like or at least tolerate what is enjoyed. I don't believe those who enjoy a chuckle are feeding their ego. I recall several humorous discussions and even some members that were squelched by one nasty comment.
That is my two cents worth.
Thank you Jay for the great photo.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

Gentlemen,

I THANK YOU ALL for the levity. I, for one, enjoy all the comments and especially those with a twist of humor.

For those who do not like humor, they should have ordered pie.

Thanks Again,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

But not pie Alamo-de. We saw where that got us ! A baker's dozen of silly posts that got some folks sour on the whole thread. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 10:54 pm:

Thanks Terry & Sharon and all those who enjoyed participating in this nonsense. Several times folks say a smile made their day a little brighter. Those crusty enough to wade thru the tasteless, half-baked funnies can see it's not a recipe for disaster. Rather that shortening this thread or deserting it completely I'm putting a little icing on the cake.
Thanks again.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:06 am:

Or, perhaps a Nehi grape needs to orange Crush the Squirt? That some are offended by this is soda pressing.

I haven't been up to jumping in lately. But have been enjoying reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 06:27 am:

I'm glad you are keeping Tabs on us Wayne. Sometimes these seem like Dr. Pepper's lonely hearts club ban.
Glad to have you pop in.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:51 am:

Soda thread bubbles and fizzes over. Seems like some cant take a Coke. Just grasping at straws really. Sometimes you have a funny you just cant keep bottled up. Dont want to see these photos canned. Just a little Canada dry humor. It Bargs the question... do you have a sense of humor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:09 am:

Rich,

You do a GREAT job of icing. AND I like icing.

It all comes down to which side of the cap you're on: the serious side or the bubbly side.

I choose bubbly.

Thanks to all of you fizz makers.

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:23 am:

I'll drink to that !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

Dallas,

Are you asking, do we have a sense of Good Humor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Well, I try to give the Mountain it's Dew whenever it Hires a new forum member. Some Fanta stick puns here. I will put my 7 up before there is a Gator raid here and not Welch on the jokes.
Gotta go now, it's Cola outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:22 pm:

What a bunch of Yoo Hoos. I find this thread very re-Fresca-ing. It Pepsi me up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Jerry, there should be special recognition for working Pepsi into the mix. I couldn't think of a way but am drinking this in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

You all got some Moxie after the bad rap :-) Though I hope the trend doesn't fizzle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

I soda lean the other way as does my Buddy Wiser cause we hang out with his dear Old Granddad and his brothers Black and Red. As my friend George Thorogood says in his song.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

Perry, I sure enjoy your rye sense of humor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

Speaking of model T's, mine's running badly but I can't tell weather it's the carbonator or the sparkle. ;o) :o0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:40 am:

Could be the Hires? Do you Coke the corbonater to start it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 09:46 am:

We are enjoying the length of this thread like an all day sucker and the resulting sugar buzzzzzz!

Keep it up. Your posts are better than morning coffee. What a way to start your day.

Rich,

I'll bet you have some old/bad gas. You should check your carbonator for gum drops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:41 am:

A sage old Model T mechanic once told me "always check the thymer first. " A Model T can get out of tune with the change of seasonings even if it's in mint condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Take my wife.......Please! :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUil6T5dN6Y

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

I'm taking the continued thirst for this thread as a positive vote for it not to be illemonaded.
Cheers
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

It ales us all Richard, the thirst that is. Sodas your Tea run better now? I hope this this thread is not capped before the spring water is running.
Jose has tea that runs like a fireball. He got it from his old grandad. That thing would fly like a wild turkey. Captian Morgan stopped him more than once . Jose was not one to wine, he just pulled over on the rocks and took it with a grain of salt. He barley got traction with all the wheel hopps and bolona skin hires. He was from one of the eastern states, Vemouth I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

I'm drinking all this in, but Dallas, orange ya going to offer any suggestions as to how Rich can get his tea to rum butter ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

Richard might talk to Jose,s Tea master Bud. Budswieser than most on tea engines he can put a head on anything. He Tapps the millers for other parts. Co2 bolts on the carbonater? Make sure they are tight. You need plenty of Lite for this work. Since its so cold out you may want to pull it in the Icehouse to work on it. It can be a barrel of fun till something gets bunged up. You could wait till it warms up to work on it and enjoy the southern comfort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

I'm glad you all are in good spirits. I didn't mean to wine about my aleing T. I no lager have the problem. We were wiskey-ing through town and painting it red just this morning. I'm on a Champagne to keep things rosť.
Thanx
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

That great to beer Richard. Now go have a Blatz with that good running Tea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:46 am:

All the references to brews has me scratching the old bean wondering if this thread will veer into coffee jokes. It's a tough grind trying to come up with something else to keep this thread perking. Maybe best to say it's been good to the last and let it drop ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:37 am:

I sure hope the USA thaws out soon, Me thinks some of you are cracking up due to cabin fever !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

I could expresso my thoughts on this but I'm at the Maxwell's house and it Eight-O'clock and I'm Chocked full of Nuts about now. I guess we could just Folger's on to get through the cold spell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

I guess Hills Bros just Sanka a lot of Starbucks in Tim Hortons new car and Juan Valdez is up to the Chase (& Sanborn) trying to roast him in the up coming race to win the K-cup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

That should perk us up but may be grounds for disapproval, straying from the old grind. Let me espresso my thanks for moking the suggestion.
Put that in your capp and ccino.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

I'm very disappointed in this thread drift. Lets get back to what is was all about, Little Debbie. Did you know her long career was cut short after she got bread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

I hope I'm not too latte to say no cabin fever here. I put on my cap (with the earflaps) and chinos on and spend a good part of every day working outside. Thankfully it has warmed up a bit here, low 30s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

Right you are Dean. Poor Debbie. After that, she was toast. Came down with a bad cold, and spent the night coffee her lungs out, and no one to pull her out of that jam. Eventually she got butter, I understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Coffee, jam and butter with toast, the 4 top food groups as a cold remedy, have to try that. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

http://www.americasgottalentauditions.com/audition-cities/ :-):-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

I think Mr. Wonder buttered her buns?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

Debbie was a roll model who never kneaded much applesauce from her audience. She was a smart cookie but later in life there were many turnovers. Yes, Mr. Wonder did run off leaving her with a bun in the oven. I'll never forget all the flours on her grave after she was done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

Well, don't keep us in suspense. What was it? A hot cross, sticky, or just a scone? And what happened to Debbie's chile? Did it turn over or just drizzle out? I sure hope at least one in the family made a name for them self.

Can someone confirm or refute the rumor I heard that Debbie was interred in Hershey, PA? Would be nice to visit, take a tea up the rocky road, and see her final resisting place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

I'm not sure of the details but I'll always remember like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

+I for one love all the comments here and all of Jays pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 08:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 09:19 am:

Well a recent photo of Little Debbie has surfaced

It is so cold maybe Little Debbie should start selling "Ear Muffins"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Wowzers! Looks like they'll be calling her "Little Dumpy" now! When she sits around she sits A ROUND!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Still in shape I see. Round is a shape fellas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:41 am:

That block of wood goes under the running board these days!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Hence the phrase "driving around the block". I have been stumped trying to find soda puns and branched out a little. I may be barking up the wrong tree or just a sap thought it might be Oak-A.
Rich for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Sodas the limbs get bigger as the tree grows? I thought I saw dust under the running board. Sodas dust stay under a running board? This thread is poplar, if you like cutting up. Time for me to split!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Well kiss my Sassafras! Elm I the only knot head who can't see the forest for the trees? Maple there are a few others who are Sycamore puns but I don't want to leaf this thread to wither on the vine. I wood like to see it continue until the sap starts up the trunk. Please Teak a crack and Ash yourself if you can come up with a Cherry addition or just let it Willow and die.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

I feel sorry for those in other countries who are trying to translate these in their language. Our language is confusing enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

You guys are really spuceing up this thead, some humor we're all pineing for,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

Yep. We like to needle each other, but it keeps us from getting board. It's plane to see most get a chuckle out of the tongue-in-groove jokes. Brace yourselves, a bit more is coming !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

I walnut quit if they dont.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

The hickory of these model trees is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

Hickory is terms of being a a hick, ain't it? Guess it depends if your smooth bark or shaggy,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:55 pm:

And we get to branch out and look at other related topics too ! I guess that's why most say to leaf the forum the way it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 04:16 pm:

You guys are punny!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 04:26 pm:

PLEASE COME EARLY SPRINGTIME!!!!!!!! :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:48 pm:

I think you lot have been locked up too long... LOL

Peter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

Spring sprung here today. Temps are on the rebound. 34 here today. Coiling up on the couch is not an option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

Yes, there isn't a grain of sense here. I can't cedar root of the problem and walnut for some time. Aspen Sycamore to my stomach. Hazel has a Raspy throat too.
Well, I should be Lumbering along.
Thanks
Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration