Bolt -Generator cover to Timing cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Bolt -Generator cover to Timing cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

I read Steve Jelf's criteria for a thread and felt it to be entirely correct however here I am ready for the onslaught... I would like to see a photo of the bolt that holds the generator mount cover to the timing cover. It feels like a 3/8 fine thread but may have a larger shank and a head to fit a 5/8 wrench. Photo of bolt (cap screw)or explanation about diameter and length etc. would be a help. Please hurry as we are supposed to get the large storm coming up the east coast tomorrow morning. That may stop "T" work for a while

If I can find a bolt tonight- Great! otherwise Ill be busy plowing snow for the next long while. Thanks in advance John in Nova Scotia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

I believe the 2 generator mount to timing cover bolts are 7/16 - 16 - I'll run out to the shop and be back in a bit if no one has the lengths handy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration