1910 Tourabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1910 Tourabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Lee Emerson on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

The 1910 tourabout price has been lowered again. Now $26,000. This car has a reproduction wood body (as original). Chassis and running gear are all original with exception of the carburetor. Pictures are available on my post of Dec. 24, 2017 thanks for looking. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Which post ? I would like to see the photos. Where is the car located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/803069.html?1515104105

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

i would love to own it. i would have to part with one of my others, probably the express. my neighbor has been bugging me to sell it to him. wonder what it would cost to ship it to NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent bassani Califon, NJ on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 03:51 pm:

just to confirm, the entire body is wood ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

Vincent,

Call the owner directly with any questions you have.

Alfred @ 918-424-2707

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

vincent v, Before 1912, most, but not all, model T bodies were made almost entirely of wood (except for metal brackets). Sheet metal (aluminum) siding was used on only a few 1909 Ford cars. The same basically was true for many early automobiles. There were many notable exceptions. Some Pierce Arrows, Franklin, and other cars used cast aluminum bodies, even before 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:20 pm:

Its sold by now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

My dad was the one who bought this car. We are looking forward to getting it home and going over it.

We had been collecting parts for a '10 tourabout and were getting close to having everything to start the restoration when this came up for sale. It gives us a car that we can use this year and we wont have to wait for our parts to be put together.

This all being said, we will be selling our '10 parts that we had been collecting for the past 8 or so years. These are really nice parts that we were extremely picky on buying. Some of the parts that come to mind are:

Complete long block from hand crank to 4th main.
Full set of lights
New Ray Wells Tourabout body
6 rivet rear end
All new wheels with the 5 1/2 inch hubs
Jacobson coil box and coils (to be restored)
Top sockets for tourabout.

There are more parts and pieces, I just haven't looked at this project in a while. These could all be delivered to Chickasha. We want to get the car home and go over it before selling any parts that we may need but I should have a better idea in the next two weeks. Give me a call and I would be happy to talk. 712-301-7172

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

Ned, I'm sending you a PM!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

Neat. Post some pictures when you get it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

Sounds excellent Ned P !!! I hope it is as nice as I have heard and as it looks in the pictures. I spent nearly an hour one night looking very carefully at those pictures! At the price it was at, I don't see how you could lose on it. (As long as you and your dad treat it decently, which I am sure you will.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

Well done Ned. You have a picked up yourself a great car. I would love to follow the sale of your parts just to see what you get for them. My feeling is you will get most of the cash to pay for your new car outright without having to do the work! a special bonus is you will have a car with a real history rather than one cobbled together out of parts from all over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:43 pm:

Wayne - I have seen the car in person but at the time we weren't looking to buy it. He had a nice model N but from what I remember, it is a very nice car. We should have any missing piece to make it correct. I'll get some brighter pictures once it is home. We plan to drive it occasionally but it certainly wont be driven as hard as our later cars.

The parts will be for sale in the next two weeks to one month. We need to get the car home and set aside what parts we need to make this car as correct as possible. Your thoughts on value of parts vs car are the same as mine. I'll be happy to go more in depth on this at a later date. It is a little hard to see all of the parts that we have collected over the last 8 years (from southern Cal to Maryland) get sold off but we are better at chasing parts down than putting them together.

I and I am sure my dad is excited to get the car home. It is very tempting to fly down to Oklahoma city and drive back with him to Iowa and fly back home to Denver. Lucky for us, it is red and matches the '11 touring, meaning there is about a 75% chance my mom wont realize we bought another car as long as they are never seen together. This also leaves the possibility of getting an '09 alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

:-) Thank you for that good laugh in your last paragraph!

I look forward to reading updates on this car, as with so many others. I love to hear of people doing more and enjoying their model Ts! And that is a beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Update: Car is home safely. My dad is happy with it and it's a little nicer than he remembers it being. I'll get some pictures when I am home this coming week. Let me know if anyone wants some specific pictures.

I have had quite a few calls on our other '10 parts and will give those people first chance at getting parts. If you would like to get on the list please give me a call at 712-301-7172.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration