Four U & J's ready to go.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Four U & J's ready to go.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 01:59 pm:

Got these done before Christmas but not mailed. Back in the shop after the Holiday break, lined 'em up and took a couple pictures of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:06 pm:

Mighty purdy, Stan. Great work, as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:06 pm:

Looks good !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:07 pm:

AWESOME U&J REUNION PHOTO!!

I started a Accessory Model T Carburetor thread over on the Modeltfordfix.com site. There is a very comprehensive post on the U&J carburetor. Here's the link.

https://modeltfordfix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

It's always nice to see your work.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

Where do the manifolds come from ... reproduction or original? I have an offset one that is not drilled for the carburetor. I assume it's for engines with generators.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:35 am:

The manifolds came with the carburetor along with a heat stove and choke control. Check out my post on the modeltfordfix Forum at the link I posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:39 am:

Hmm ... I meant the ones that Stan has illustrated in his post. So, those are original. So what about the offset manifold I mentioned. Did the U&J ever come with one to allow room for the generator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:55 am:

The U&J is on page 3 of above link, but the rest of the carbs are cool to look at and read about. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

The offset manifolds were available for the generator cars, I have two of them and one center connection.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

The late 26/27 U & J's are hard to find. They have some differences with the earlier carbs.

As Rick said, the later manifolds have a setback for use with the generator.

To see a bunch more accessory carbs for T's, you can go to: http://strombergof.com/Other_Carburetors.php

This is not the biggest collection of accessory carbs in the US but it is pretty close. Russ Potter has the biggest one, Bill Glass has quite a few. Nobody has them all, I have several Russ does not have, I'm sure he has many I don't have and Bill probably does too. I have quite a few I bought since I made did this compilation of my collection, tho.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration