Does anyone have a copy of a Disteel wheel Ad for Model Ts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Does anyone have a copy of a Disteel wheel Ad for Model Ts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

I am looking for an ad for Disteel wheels (3 lug nut type) that shows a Model T or mentions a Model T. I can find lots of 5 lug ads for other makes of cars, but so far no 3-lug ads. I am making a folder/notebook of all the accessories on my Speedster project. The reason for the folder/notebook is that I have so many unique accessories on the speedster project, it will be easier to just hand someone the book and they can look at the ads and pictures for each item as they look at the car. I have a few nice copies of old photos with the Disteel wheels on model Ts. I can use them if I have to, but an ad would be nice. I also remember seeing a repro Disteel wheel ad/poster that was for sale on E-bay a couple years ago. It showed a torpedo style body speedster (cigar shaped) in a racing, almost flying scene going around a racetrack. They were for sale for a long time, but I never bought one. I wish I had bought one now. :-( :-( I can not even find a picture of the poster now ... Thanks for any help you may give ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Ed, Thanks, Do you have a higher resolution copy of the ad. If so can you e-mail it to dobro (at) artelco.com. I wonder what book or magazine that ad was originally in .??? Thanks again ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

No sorry, it was posted from another post and was small to begin with

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

Donnie, why not just write to them for the free booklet?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

I sent u a better larger copy to your email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Itís a small ad on page 55 of this book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 09:43 pm:

Donnie

I have copy, the adv was in May and June 1921 FordOwner magazine.

Will scan a hi rev copy of this 1/2 page adv and email to you.

Like your speedster project....!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Thanks for the help. I received high resolution copies of both ads shown above. I think I have good resolution copies of ads for the rest of the accessories on the speedster. There are so many little accessory details on the speedster, that people usually miss the small stuff. I thought a notebook/photo album would be good to use as a "self guided tour". A period correct ad seems to make even the "little details" seem more important. Most of the accessory ads from back in the day read like "snake oil" ads proclaim "miracles" from the use of their products. Thanks again ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Can't wait to see the video of the first fire up and drive of your new speedster! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration