Ford script double open end wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford script double open end wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Cleaning up in the shop and came across this wrench. No numbers just a semi colon and the letter M. It's a 9/16" and 5/8" and under 6"overall length. Fordson or Model A maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

I'm thinking its a Manzel supplied tool for a Ford 9n or 2n tractor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:40 pm:

Thanks Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:40 am:

The USA is also a clue.

That did not appear until around 1925 on Ford wrenches and was continued until around 1941, according to one person I talked with recently.

The Moore Forging Company, in Massachusetts, made a lot of those wrenches for Ford and every other company.

The M was normally in a circle or a diamond on their wrenches.

They also made the first Craftsman wrenches for Sears and Roebucks, about 1938.

A good catalog of all their products does evidently not exist.

I would love to see one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:03 am:

From 2008

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/50893/73090.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

I got rid of 19 these non-Model T wrenches a while back on eBay.

I can't remember if they were the longer/larger or shorter/smaller wrench.

Note the variations.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration