FJ - Another Year Of Adventure - :-) -

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - Another Year Of Adventure - :-) -
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 02:26 am:

I post images & videos from the road as I travel the lower 48 states .... :-)

Instagram is video content with no Facebook social touch

Instagram @ http://instagram.com/directenclosedautohauler/#

If you are on Facebook

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005456325407

I will be live streaming again this year from Bakersfield Swap Meet in April.

You are welcome to Ride Along

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Thank you for posting, do you update this regularly or new each year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 03:50 pm:

Hi Mark,

I take pictures & shoot videos - then post daily when I am on the road.

If you are not on Facebook - Instagram allows you the see
the images & videos with minimal commentary.

I try to cover events of interest by live streaming ( Bakersfield Swap Meet 2017 ) - capture interesting visits to museums ( LeMay Family Collection ) - share inside the doors of fascinating private collections of vehicles & automobilia.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

Thank you FJ !
I know a lot of people here enjoy your postings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

Thank You Wayne !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

Hey there FJ, seems to me maybe bit too much bbq...in your diet, maybe a new years res, a bit more healthy food??

love the pix, you done traveled a whole lot and saw some wondrous sites along the way. always look forward to your adventures too and from.

Still owe you a lunch when you get up my way, We do have an exceptional BBQ you can add to your collection.

Drive safe, may you keep the rubber on the road, the windshield dry and the wind at your back.

Keep on truckin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

Howard,

I am sitting here in Lewisburg, OH at my diesel mechanicís shop - I have been working here about a week helping him
out - he is a good friend.

I love a good story.

I still remember my visit with you a few years back & lunch at McDonaldís.

Last time we met with Tim - I enjoyed your story of the Hershey visit with your friends that led to a hidden cache & purchases for all of you - I probably should have sampled the fish and chips .....

I am sure I will see you again sometime this year.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

503 Diesel Performance in Lewisburg, Ohio
Light to Heavy Duty Diesel Repair
Honest - Reliable - Reasonable

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 01:08 am:

Back on the road today ....

Visited Annie Oakleyís Grave in Brock, OH

Took several videos of a large car collection in Celina, Ohio

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Check out the videos to see how we loaded this 1914 Reo Chassis into my enclosed trailer this morning.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Freighter Jim
I give up. What kind of a repair is your mechanic doing that he raises the entire cab 10' up in the air...just askin?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Thats how you work on the engine that sits 3/4 under the dash. Or its a cabover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:18 pm:

Jon,

You can lift the cab off of most diesel trucks by pulling (6) nuts - another few & you can pull the bed.

That truck was getting the heads re-done.

On most diesel engine repairs the cab is removed if the shop has a tall enough roof - saves labor & makes the job a helluva lot easier ...

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:33 pm:

Crew cabs are easier to lift than a regular cab, this is the only way to work on these trucks with out torturing your body. The process is a little more than 6 nuts, but after you have done a couple it gets easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:35 am:

See how we rigged up a temporary front left wheel for the 1914 Reo Chassis In my trailer without damaging the spindle so we could have a rolling front end to get it on & off my trailer.

FJ

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on January 19, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Came out to find this by my trailer

Seems I have been down this road before

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Yesterday I stopped at Blackwellís Corner & had breakfast with Marilyn ......

Took pictures & video of this Dustbowl Tribute Truck

Saw James Deanís Goggles from the crash that took his life a few miles away

Ended the day by dropping off the 1914 Reo Chassis in Salinas

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

Jim, Was that the Blackwell's Corner at the junction of Hiway 395 and 58 in Southern CA ? I've been through that intersection many times, but not since it was developed.

Still go through the "James Dean Intersection" regularly, but never stopped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

Dick,

Yes - the same.

I had never taken the time to actually walk around inside before.

The breakfast burrito was a good value at $5.99.

I did some research online and read through the court transcripts of a trial that took place surrounding James Deanís death - the goggles are mentioned and fit the description.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 11:25 am:

Breakfast in Goldfield, NV

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

Today Was Epic

I donít believe I have ever had a better day with old cars .... :-)

I was fortunate to visit a world class restoration shop

I got to meet a Living Legend

He restored the 2017 AACA Presidentís Cup Winner

A 1923 Kissell bought new by Fatty Arbuckle

Mr. Davis gave me a folded up copy of a picture of it
that he carries in his wallet

Why is it that retired teachers make such excellent car restorers ?

You can find several videos & images on my
Instagram & Facebook links at the top of this thread

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 05:22 pm:

Sharing trailer space this afternoon .....

1910 Sears Buggy

1903 Franklin

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

WOW! those are the vary rare peppermint life saver tires on that Franklin! I'm surprised they haven't dissolved in the rain by now.

Both beautiful cars thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

Thanks Denny

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 02, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Thanks FJ. Sounds like I may meet you in person if you haul through eastern Nebraska on your way to Dean's in a few weeks. Or I may meet you there if it works out. Safe travels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 03:21 am:

Friday was interesting ......

30 miles from dropping off my battery light comes on ....

Bad voltage regulator in a new alternator installed about a month ago ....

Go to take of the serpentine belt & find the belt tensioner is also bad - it was replaced a month ago ....

Good thing parts are under warranty & I know the mechanic ...

Back on the road again - dropped off this 1912 Model T Roadster Pickup to Ron ( pictured with his son ) in Fort Myers, FL ....

I had a great Mexican dinner with Ron & his lovely wife along with another couple ....

Thanks Ron ..... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 09:10 am:

I was humbled to be asked to transport this 1915 Stanley Steam Mountain Wagon back up to M.S. Herman & Co. in Danbury, CT from Clearwater, FL where it was waiting.

You can see more images & videos on my Instagram & Facebook links.

Fresh from a two year restoration by Mark and his crew - this was its first public showing - it won Best In Class at the 2018 Amelia Island Concours DíElegance.

Thanks Mark .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Then .....

I started conversing with Bill who lives in Gales Ferry, Connecticut.

He asked for my advice in designing an enclosed car hauled trailer for his two early electric cars - I came up with a custom 30 footer that incorporated his needs along with my experience - he placed his trailer order a few days ago.

In the course of chatting - he asked if anyone could use this:

So - I made a call to JK & he gave the green light to pick it up.

I planned to head over to pick it up after I dropped the 1915 Stanley Wagon in Danbury, CT ...

Then I got a call about hauling a 1925 Model T Truck from the new owner in Pittsburgh, PA from Bill in Gales Ferry, CT .....

Small World ....

So I met Bill & we loaded up the donated cutaway Model T transmission:

Then we loaded up the 1925 Model T Truck:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 09:52 am:

The new owners were a younger couple with enthusiasm - a busy - schedule - no experience owning a Model T.

Bill asked if I knew anyone ....

Of course - Skip Seaton who lives in New Salem, PA.

Skip offered to meet them along the way to downtown Pittsburgh to teach them to drive - but that didnít work out.

So he found a younger guy who owns a few Model Tís and is an elementary school music teacher - to maybe help out.

Skip offered to drive into Pittsburgh if that didnít pan out - it that is Skip - 24K Gold .... :-)

So - I dropped off yesterday in Downtown Eastside Pittsburgh ...

And The Family Got A Little Bigger .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

Two Lane Tuesday Today

Took the two lane north from Las Vegas, NM to about 50 miles
into Colorado.

Stopped to visit Dennis Hopperís Grave just south of Taos.

Took some nice videos too ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

I covered the Richmond MTFCA National Tour

The 32nd Annual New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run

I visited the NATMUS Museum in Auburn, Indiana to pick up

I dropped off at the National Packard Museum In Warren, Ohio

Delivered some rare & interesting cars - made new friends along the way

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration