Old Photo - but not real old....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - but not real old....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Looking through some old photos yesterday I found this photo I took of my 1922 Model TT Panel Truck..I was 14 years old when I bought two loads of t parts from a guy for $25.00..Those were the days...My friend and our Dads would go all over So Cal to swap meets buying what we needed to put our cars or truck together...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 12:53 pm:

Forgive me for taking liberties with your photo Carl.

Those were magical days here in Idaho. I can only imagine how it must have been in California.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

I was at the two day Pomona swap Meet and saw this truck there ...I asked the young Loren Burch ,I Think was his Name ,if I could come take measurements of his truck ,,and he told me sure...So my dad took me over there and I spent a few hours drawing and measuring ...We cake home and got to work building the body.. I wish I knew where it was now .I sold it to a guy that owned a rental yard..I would see it under a lean- too at his yard ..I would actually alter my route so I didnít have to drive by and see it...He gave me payments and when he came with the last one ,,I told him Iíd give him all his money back ,, He told me it would cost me a lot more than it cost him.

This is me with the truck I took the measurements from..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

Sadly that's the way it always is - you let something go, and once someone else has it, they own it. You want it back, they become sellers in a sellers market.

It's like the guy who outbid me for a motorcycle license plate on ebay - bid it up hard and furious, I let it go... he then writes me from a private email address, telling me he has one EXACTLY like the one I bid on (you think??), but he'd sell it for (add $100 to his sale price). I told him I wasn't interested, and he told me he'd probably just throw it away if I didn't buy it.

Don't know what happened, but I deleted the email after that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Why, is that Bay Bridge Sue? We haven't heard from you lately... Have you been doing anything with your T? Just wondering....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:02 pm:

She doesn't post nearly enough any more. I always enjoyed learning from her posts in the past.

Hey, Sue -- Royce is gone, so maybe you'll enjoy the forum more, the way you used to. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 02:35 am:

I'm distracted from the thread by someone saying they'd sell something for $100 more than they paid for it or throw it away. If they paid so much for it why throw it away?
So many people have that mentality.

OK thread can go back to scheduled truck body now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration