OT - Can You Identify This Roadster?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Can You Identify This Roadster?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

I love my 25, but i also really love the look of this Roadster with the longer hood and sleeker lines. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

I want to say Buick. Can I?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Yes you can Richard, guessing is absolutely allowed here. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 01:09 am:

I don't know what it is but it has Budd wire wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Thanks Andrew,....One piece closer, hopefully.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 01:51 am:

It IS snazzy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 02:17 am:

Duey, i haven't heard the term "snazzy" used in a long time, but you nailed it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 07:06 am:

A 1918 Buick roadster with the export hood? Check out that top. This pic came off a spanish language site in South America.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 07:12 am:

maybe larger image?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:12 am:

the website "automotive timelines. com" uses this exact picture to illustrate what a 1917 Buick looks like- not explanation of those wheels though.........

http://www.automotivetimelines.com/timelines/buick/17-buick.php/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:15 am:

I am going to guess six cylinder Buick because of the long hood. Probably 1917-1920ish. The made fours and sixes and the length difference is typically in the hood. Just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:29 am:

OT JOHN,knew a man once he was a member of the GSG&SEA, his first name was Pete, he ran the crane the built the sea wall in NEW BEDFORD MA, I, at the time was driving for gulf oil,and liked talking trucks,there was a show in Campton N.H.we would see one an other, he knew you and we talked about paint jobs ect,your rigs were always clean and pleasing to look at.[and hard to out run]I had a cracker box jimmy,that did a very good job.those were good days.33 years of them.product in Chelsea in 59 was 11.7 per.GREG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:32 am:

Whatever the make, it's a beautiful car !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Hallett on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

1917 Buick Six Model D-44 Roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

Thank you Gents, you never disappoint. :-) I just looked up the production numbers for the D-44 and found they only made 4,366 of them. I bet there aren't very many of them still around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

They are great cars to own and drive. Lots of power

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manuel Voyages, ACT Australia on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 01:10 am:

I love those wheels. Any idea what size they would have been?

Manuel in Oz

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration