Taunton MA Ford Dealer-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Taunton MA Ford Dealer-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 08:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:01 am:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:04 am:

There it is again. The historical connection between Model Ts and ice cream !! 1912s ? Fore-doors on the one on the left?
Wonderful picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 10:30 am:

I wish there was a street sign. Almost looks
like Court St. or Broadway?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:10 am:

tourihg is 9 or 10 charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

Address for Perry Auto in a 1920 directory is 11 Post Office Square. Makes sense - I think the sign says Post Office Square Bowling Alleys. An ad in that directory for Perry Auto Company says "behind the post office."

J J Nichols Auctioneer is listed as rear of 30 Court St, and the Ice Cream guy is listed at 16 Howard St.

All in the same general area, but I can't find any buildings that match in modern pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Post office square is just off Taunton Green and goes around the post office.
The Taunton daily Gazette was behind the post office and there were businesses to the right side of the post office.
I suspect that this was on the s treat her to,the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

Since it goes down hill slightly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Certainly not related to the Perry Auto Lock:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/261422.html?1333010214

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

I remember when the Ford garage was on Weir Street in Taunton.
The owner offered to trade a 57 hard top convertable for the 19 T that I now have.
I am happy that dad said no!

Frank Shutoff was one of the mechanics and worked on the NASCAR stock car we played with.
He was good friend with a guy named Ralf as in Ralf Moody of Holeman and Moody. Ralf was the technical guy and Holeman was the business man of the partnership.
When Ralf visited his mom he would spend some time helping us with our car.
I sure miss those days!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 05:34 am:

1913 business directory of Taunton lists the Perry Auto Company as being located at Post Office Square.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration