Ruckstell thrust bearing from MAC's Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ruckstell thrust bearing from MAC's Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Well I got the bearings and they are going back. These bearings are single thrust type, made to carry the load but only have thrust in one direction. Most information I can find says that they would be used as a pair to carry thrust in both directions. The MAC'S normal catalog price is 94-95$ which is in line with other suppliers low end bearing. These bearings have no country of origin and are hand scribed with the part number 7212. My guess is they may be made in India.
Live and learn! :-) I have gotten other stuff from MAC's that was just fine, this is not one of them.
Thanks for the lead on the part number to look for and suggestion to check Ebay.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/821787.html?1514559969

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration