OT- Help near Lexington, KY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT- Help near Lexington, KY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

My daughter lives on the north side of Lexington, KY. She has a 2013 Toyota 4Runner that she uses as her service vehicle as an equine veterinarian. We are trying to find someone in the area to install a rear air shock kit. These are basically air bags that go inside of the rear coil springs. It's a no drill kit, and if someone has a floor jack, jack stands, can change a tire and the rear shocks on a truck they can do this. From what I've read it normally takes 1 1//2- -2 hours for someone that has not done it before.

Is there anyone in the Lexington KY area that might be willing to take this on? I'm happy to pay for it, but she doesn't know any mechanics in the area and I hate to have her go to a shop blindly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

Here is a video of the installation on a the same vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNH9GjFz51I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Gary,

I have e-mailed a friend of mine that lives in Lexington. Knew him when I lived there. I'll let you know via PM what I find out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

PM Sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:13 am:

Thank you John!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 06:22 pm:

If John's contact does not work out, let me know and maybe I can find some assistance in Louisville, about 50 miles away.
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

I've had good luck with the off road shops, they do custom lifts, and air bags. Most shops are rather good. A quick search showed a few in Lexington, most have Facebook webpages, should treat ladies well, as in the south a lot of gals do off-roading too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration