Cute beyond words, but were they painted ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cute beyond words, but were they painted ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

More brass to get snobby about, but I wonder if the latches on the turtle deck weren't painted originally. Anyone ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

If recollection serves, we talked about this in a thread a few years ago. Someone thought the evidence was that they were painted, but I don't recall the specifics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:15 pm:

I believe they were painted. They were steel on my 13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Well these repro's are a steel handle with brass face plate: http://modeltford.com/item/9485ala.aspx
Royces says "The handles were the same on runabouts from 1913 - 1918. The reproductions are brass, originals are cast iron" in this tread:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/452554.html?1402894463

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

Mine have a steel handle painted black, the base is formed sheet brass. Sorry, I meant to post the pic with the question, forgot to attach it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration