Early TT truck Controller shaft and brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Early TT truck Controller shaft and brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Interesting part haven't seen before. The cam lever is cast. Like the early T's. Most are stamped pieces, guess this one was made in late 1917 and then the part changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:01 am:

I've got an early cast cam TT brake controller shaft as well, although my mounting brackets and pull levers appear to be the usual styles. Nice find.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:11 am:

Interesting that the parts book lists only the shaft and the speed lever as TT parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:26 am:

Steve

I had looked at that part listing too, that #1134 is the controller shaft and speed lever together. The #1133 being the riveted on upright speed lever that is taller for the TT, as the TT frame has much taller side rails, and I wonder if the controller shaft curved down loop I is different too? Maybe the angle of the torque tube as it goes to the top of the rear axle?

Don't have both parts to compare that loop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:54 pm:

Had a friend check his TT controller shaft to a car style, the curve is the same. So only TT part difference is the taller speed lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

Correction to last post.

That early TT controller shaft indeed has a deeper curve that the later TT or T controller shaft!

Here is photo of later TT controller shaft (tall speed lever) on top of the early one that has the cast brackets, you can see the deeper curve of the early style on the bottom.

And again, the end of that early controller shaft with the early cast brackets and cast arms, showing difference with the later version on top.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration