Old Photo - Brass Era - Rolled & Wrecked Model T Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Brass Era - Rolled & Wrecked Model T Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:21 am:

Plate seems to indicate 1922 or 3 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:41 am:

I'm no early expert... But doesn't the riser section below the rear seat make that car a pre-'13...? And the absence of the "buggy rail" make it post-'10...?

??? '11-'12 touring???

I'm interested to hear what the early gurus can make of it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:50 am:

I think you're right Kevin, I meant to date the accident. It's interesting to me to learn how long these cars were kept in service "in the day". I wonder if that wooden body suffered less damage than the later metal-skinned ones would have? Tip 'er back up on the wheels and keep on driving !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:31 am:

What a shame this T got wrecked. If it was repaired it is now a "bitsa"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:44 am:

It faired better than this one from an earlier post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:47 am:

I agree with Kevin. It would make a good parts car today! Maybe it could even be restored?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

It has a GEMCO spare tire carrier and early tail lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

Definitely restorable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 01:52 pm:

Reckon it got sideswiped by a train? A good reminder that it didn't take much to total a Model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

That train related wreck musta just happened, it looks like that front wheel is still spinnin'!

Maybe the conductor took the picture from the back step of the caboose as it passed by?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

1911-1912 is correct according to the rear fender configuration. While it looks intact I'll bet the doors didn't open and close right after that (top photo).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration