1926 Tudor advice appreciated

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 Tudor advice appreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce MI on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

Looking for advice about a potential project. Story is I noticed this "T" in a neighbors drive last fall so I stopped since I have a T too. A 1925 Fordor to be exact. He showed me his 1926 Tudor and other projects and that was that.

This last week he stopped by and informed he was selling his car due to health and too many projects. He new I had a love for the Model T's and thought I may be interested. Can't say as I'm financially in a position to get another one but you don't see them for sale everyday. So I checked it out today.

Basically he bought it a few years ago partially restored and hasn't done a thing with it. The chassis and complete drivetrain appear to be professionally rebuilt and painted. The body shell is fastened down with an excellent paint job over solid metal(no rust out or patch panels.) The rest of the body work is disassembled in original, unfinished pieces. All the misc. pieces are boxed up with some duplicates. There are new seals and weatherstripping for the glass. Extra set of wheels and radiator.

The things I noticed missing were the seats which he thinks may be in the last owners attic yet. Of course it has no upholstery. All that said he is asking $5k for it.

It is not unreasonable I think. Although I imagine it would cost me that again for an interior, paint, and ancillary items I find missing.

So all in all it's a good start of a restoration but at a poor time for me. I just feel like I'd be making a big mistake and have regrets if I didn't pursue it. If I did go for it and things get tight, I just hope I can recover my investment. It would take a few years to get going on it anyway. Thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 09:34 pm:

Keep in mind that the 26-27 Tudor is the most common T out there, as so many have survived. That lowers the price some. The Hot-Rodders will buy it for that price, if you don't. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Pierce MI on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:41 pm:

Another reason to keep it off the market. I'd not like to see it hot rodded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

I would want to see all the receipts for "The chassis and complete drivetrain appear to be professionally rebuilt and painted" !

Rebuilt is one thing & painted is another !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

The Tudor front seats can be very hard to find. I would see if they are available before buying the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

What Dale said. I've been trying to find a pair of the tall seat cups since 2010. So far not even a lead.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration