Model T Wood body

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T Wood body
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 10:18 pm:

Iím looking into building a wood body, to replace what came on the my Model T frame. Would anyone have plans I could purchase. Find the attached photos, to give you an idea of what Iím looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 09:21 am:

Here are 2, both support the club.

Have depot hack plans from Wagon Works and they are nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

George,
If you are a taller person. Consider moving the gas tank and seat back a little bit when you build. You will be much more comfortable when driving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Tom, I was thinking about doing that.

Thanks,

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ockert van der Berg on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:56 am:

Hi George

Attached is pictures of my T
I have some plans that I modified from another pickup without a cab I will gladly share.

Kind Regards
Ockert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Ockert, I sent you a PM.
Please find a photo of the project , I will be adding the body to.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

With a bit of scaling this information can be adapted to a full or partial commercial vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

George, I will be printing your drawings off, once I get back home. But due to winter, Iím staying in Florida, until it warms up. As for your plans, I like the detail on what type of wood, should be used, at which location.

George Schmidt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:03 am:

I noticed some measurements on these drawings that don't seem to make sense. The article describes the body as being designed for a Ford commercial chassis (truck chassis) with a wheel base of 123 inches, and with a dash to rear wheel center measurement of 96 inches. You see the 96 in. on the drawing going from the dash to the rear wheel center. However,according to the other measurements on the drawing, the total body length is 96 Inches, from the dash. So the body on this drawing is for a standard T chassis, not a TT. Also, this body rests directly on the frame without any risers. If there are only the 1 3/4 in. thick crossbars resting on top of the chassis, the rear chassis crossmember hump would be above floor level. The body would require a garage door ht. with about 85 1/2 in. of clearance. It is nice how the plans tell what kinds of wood to use where, although if any oak is used it should be white oak.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration