Questions about a Hess Scott auxillary transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Questions about a Hess Scott auxillary transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 01:44 am:

The writing on the unit read Hess Scott auxiliary transmission. Under the name is model TD I believe and number 608 Next line, truck attachment company Seattle,wash. It bolts up directly to the rear end. Was this unit built before the ruxtell axel?Could both t and tt use it?2 speed? This unit appeared complete except there was no shifting linkage with it. Was it a dependable transmission? There was no visible date on the housing casting.Thanks for any info you may have on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 02:19 am:

Galen,
Do you mean a Hall Scott two speed rear axle? If so it is the same as a Ruckstell. Post a picture.
Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Scott, I may have miss read the name on the casting but thought it was Hess Scott. This unit is an in line rig that has a shortened drive line that is bolted right to the rear end. The fact that Scott was in the name and it was made in Seattle made me think it was made by the ruxtell folks. I will try to get out to the barn and get a few pictures and try to post them this afternoon. Thanks Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:31 am:

https://www.google.com/patents/US1295895

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:39 am:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:29 am:

You nailed it Mark. That is just like my transmission. The modified drive line is with it but no linkage. It would be nice to talk to someone that has one installed in their T. Just wondering how they performed. Thanks Mark. This forum is great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Walters on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:39 am:

Galen,
Sounds very interesting. Please post a photo.

Matthew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration