Lloyd Butler - Buyer beware

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Lloyd Butler - Buyer beware
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Are there any of folks in California familiar with Lloyd Butler, who posted a remark to the following thread?

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801803.html

I sent a reply to this guy and made arrangements to purchase one of his Pasco wrenches. After a couple of early email exchanges, (and my money) no wrench and no more communications.

At this point I consider myself burned, which is a first for me, both on this forum and others.

So, heads up out there. I should have paid attention to the fact that he had only posted twice to the website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:14 am:

Randy, I don't know about Lloyd, the the Pasco wheel thread identifies the seller as Layden Butler of the San Francisco area (I think). Layden may not be getting your messages; may be out of town; may be in the hospital; or any number of things, but one thing that you don't have to worry about Layden is his HONESTY. Layden is a long time collector, club member, and form poster and has sold to and helped hundreds of T owners finish the projects by making available, sometimes rare parts, usually at fair prices and represents the condition of his parts, honestly. I have bought from him for years. Unless he's been "hacked" by an imposter, he's as good as gold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:26 am:

I'm with Terry. Layden is a good guy to deal with. Something's wrong here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:26 am:

Terry, at the very bottom of that thread is a Lloyd Butler maybe trying to cash in on Layden's post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:26 am:

Terry, I just looked at the there, and he is correct. On the bottom of the post is a Llyod Butler with 2 posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:30 am:

Randy Brown- send me a PM and I will get you in touch with Lloyd- please include your phone number so that Lloyd can contact you directly. I can personally guarantee that you have not been burned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

Sorry, I didn't scroll down to the last comment from Lloyd Butler. My apology, but I don't know him. I was just going by Layden being the original poster of the wheel for sale thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:28 pm:

As everyone seems to have figured out, I am not the guy with Pasco wrenches, Lloyd is.
Yes he is a good guy and I am sure that any glitch in dealing with him will be worked out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan landeen on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

Pasco wrench I bought one from lloyd a couple of months ago it took much longer than he had planned on but he came through I think he is a good guy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Layden & Lloyd Butler appear to not be of concern

However - LaVonne & LaDonna Butler - that is an entirely different conversation

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:27 pm:

Good news, I have been contacted by Lloyd and all is now be back on track.
My thanks to all who have replied.
My faith in our fellow Model T club members has been reinforced!
This forum is a great source of information for our hobby!
RB

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration