Second call for Houston Galvanized rim batch, rims due January 31st.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Second call for Houston Galvanized rim batch, rims due January 31st.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

Hi, second call for amateur, volunteer coop doing a batch of hot dip galvanized rims in the Houston area by Southwest Galvanizing. Rims are due in my garage January 31st, 2018. No plans for shipping and receiving other than drop off and pick-up in-person. This is an amateur, all-volunteer coop no warranties expressed or implied. These will not be clear zinc plated they will be hot dipped which is not original correct but close enough for many and seems better than silver painting. Last year the prices for doing up to 600 lbs was $300 + $75 for sand blasting 5 day turn around. Cost to each person is $375 or what it is this year divided by the total number of rims = cost each rim times how many rims you put in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 04:00 am:

I'm not familiar with the term clear zinc plated. If that means electroplated, hot dip is better. Electroplate galvanizing these days is often so thin as to be worthless. That's why I buy old hot dip galvanized nails at auctions. The modern electroplated ones turn to rust spots in a few years. You're getting the right stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 06:21 am:

Rustoleume cold galvanizing paint or even their silver paint works pretty good to, if applied to rims that have been blasted to bare metal and primed with their primer. A heck of a lot cheaper and pretty durable, plus is easy to touch up. Not trying to discourage anyone, just throwing it out there. Works for me, but I doubt that I will outlast the painted ones. :-( JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Ignacio, your price is confusing, you should show a price example. If you had 10 wheels the price per wheel would be $$$$ or 20 wheels the price per wheel would be $$$$ etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Just divide $375 by the total number of rims everybody puts in together. If I put in five and you put in five, that's $375÷10=$37.50 per rim. If a bunch of people put in a total of 50 rims, that's $375÷50=$7.50 a rim. r=$375÷T. Ignacio can correct me if I'm wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 03:55 pm:

Steve, that sounded simple. You have to remember living up north my brain has been stuck in below zero temperature for the last week or two.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration