Question about an early head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question about an early head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

I have an early head that I am trying to accurately identify. The "Made in USA" is indented rather than raised and is beneath the very nice and clear Ford script. I am "guessing" that it is from the 1910-11 era. I could not find mention or pictures in Gail Rodda's reference. Thanks, mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

1912 the Made in USA was added, best to read through the changes in the encyclopedia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:55 am:

Thanks Frank. I have seen many with the Made in USA script raised but in this case it is indented below the actual surface of the head material. It also has some square mold bosses. No question that it is an early head. I am thinking it may be in the 1910 -11 era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Frank is correct. Please refer to the encyclopedia date of change to the factory drawings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Does it have any numbers on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

There were a few variations of the early Made in USA heads. Some were embossed on small areas under the Ford script. Some were of a mix of embossing and stampings. I have never seen one with the entire Made in USA as a stamping but it certainly is 1912 as all the other variations were.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

Thanks, yes the entire Made in USA is like a stamping.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration