Old Photo - Another Coupe with guy on runningboard.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Another Coupe with guy on runningboard.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

I don't believe he's related to Little Debbie. !o{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

Little Debbie is taking the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

NO he is not related but that is Big Denny Little Debbie's enforcer and protector on the national Little Debbie cake tours. He makes sure that everyone pays for the cakes or he CREAMS them! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

He does have kind of a mean look in his eye doesn't he?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

I get that same look when Iím waiting for the flagman at a Road maintenance stop......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Another suicide door Coupe with a visor. I assumed that Ford didn't put visors on until the 1924 models with the hinges at the front. Are these all accessories?
Also no carpet at the bottom of the door panel. Most I have seen have carpet there.
I will start using the door latch handle to hang my hat from now on. Another way to enjoy a Coupe.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, January 08, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Looks like an isolated place. Not a paved road, and he might be standing on the running board so he can see farther down the road hoping someone will find him and help him. He is well dressed and maybe the car broke down and now he is stranded in the middle of no-where. Someone else was there, however to take the picture.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:54 am:

And he doesn't know spit about timers, coils or front fender holder-uppers....
Or the sun was bright.
Are the suicide doors easier to get in and out of?
Look at the real details!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 07:45 am:

I believe you are right Perry, he's one of the Denny's clan. They found he wasn't suitable when he made moon pies, not moon over my hammy's and they tossed his lunch. Lil Debbie knew he wasn't a twinkie and up to the task as the punisher

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:11 am:

He may be contemplating the Value menu, All-You-Can-Eat Pancakes and free refills on the coffee.
Last time we were on that road we encountered severe Sand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:53 am:

He looks as he may have an issue with what he ate at the last greasy spoon and is upset that he is in the middle of nowhere without any toilet paper and can't turn back because he creamed the establishments owner for not serving Little Debbie snacks. (bet you thought I couldn't work Little Debbie into this)

The radiator looks like it overheated, it is wet on the one top corner.
That visor has similar brackets to what was on mine. Only one remained when I got my Coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

The visor looks like the later stitched ones but without the two center bars. Or is it a translucent plastic insert?
I can't tell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 02:50 pm:

I think one reason for the picture was to attempt to capture the glory of that vast open space. It almost comes through. For those who suffer agoraphobia, they can rest easy knowing that now, that country is likely very well filled in with housing developments, strip malls, Wal-marts and C-stores, and the dirt road is probably four lanes of heavy traffic going 80mph.

Rich, if that picture in the sand was taken where I think it was, that's pretty much what has happened there.

"Where grandpa used to run his cows is now a Chuck E Cheese
And you can't stop 'em boy, you're just spittin' in the breeze . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 03:43 pm:

That is where you and I got stuck. I believe we put it in gear and both pushed. I wasn't sure we would get out but T's always do one way or the other. 1965 or 6?

As for the Coupe photo, It was marked 1928 and was with these two others. Firth, ID left and Tony's Cheese Factory right. Same date and handwriting. So the Coupe may be somewhat South of our Sand trial.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

I am fairly sure that the visor is one of the (used to be) more common colored flat but stippled glass versions. I think I can see the clamps that hold the glass in place. We used to see lots of those at swap meets. Many of them with the original glass not broken.
The glass came in a variety of colors, greens reds, blues, and even dark yellows (amber). I have known several people that had those on cars they toured with. I never got one myself.
The curved colored early plastic visors are much more rare.
I like the radiator cap with motometer. Have seen a few of ones just like it over the years also.
Wonderful photo! Thank you Richard E and all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 05:44 pm:

Thanks Wayne. I found this now that you mentioned it:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/617594.html?1456101872

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration