OT - Early tires and mounting systems

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Early tires and mounting systems
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Responding to a few questions and info from the K thread earlier.

It seems there were many types of tire/rim alternatives available. Below are photos from a November "Automobile" article. Our 1906 Model N had the Diamond style wheel shown. Model K appear to have had the Firestone style, although I believe I've seen the Diamond style too:

Article link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/90rfjuy5ts7so7p/Quick%20Change%20Tires.pdf?dl=0

At the end of the link is a following page showing a Model K at the Brussels auto show (if anyone opens the link and wonders why that page is included).

The Stepney wheel is interesting, and I'll add an article with a Ford Model K using the Stepney's meeting the Thomas Flyer outside Chicago during the 1908 N.Y. to Paris race.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration