Old Photo - Riverside California.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Riverside California.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:36 am:

Riverside California Circa 1915

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:37 am:

Circa 1915

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Great Photo Ron! Love the building architecture. What A contrast to today's cold and sterile street scenes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Jay
A local friend prepares a old car calendar for our local club and used this photo for July 2018. I grew up in Riverside and when I saw it immediately recognized the location.
The photo is taken at the Southwest corner of Main and Seventh streets looking South. You can see the Mission Inn tower at the North East corner of Main and Sixth streets. My Mother worked for Dr. Thomas A. Card with offices in the Mission Inn Rotunda. The unique Mission Inn bell tower light standards were used along Main street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:10 pm:

Appears to be 1915 California plates, black on yellow. The late 1914 Touring car with integral bracket E&J side lamps and fork mounted electric headlamps with brass trim.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

Great photo. Some updating on the T headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Thanks Ron
I enjoy seeing old pictures of SoCal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

Love that big car in the middle. What is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 08:05 am:

The big car in the middle I believe is a 1915 Cadillac.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

Hard to get a good street level view from StreetView.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:49 am:

Love the radiator cap on the Cadillac, looks like the Automobile Club of Southern California wheel and Mission Bell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 11:36 am:

No kick stand on those bicycles.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration