Rest In Peace Lenny Smith

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Rest In Peace Lenny Smith
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 10:07 am:

It is my sad duty to report the passing of Lenny Smith of Townsend, Massachusetts.

Lenny was a bit of a legend in parts of New England. He helped to form several antique car clubs including the Snowmobile Club. He hosted the New England Snowmobile meets for a decade or so at King Farms in Townsend.

He donated the "haunted" snowmobile the the museum in Richmond.

His Model T knowledge and talented hands have put hundreds of Model Ts back on the road which likely would still be languishing forgotten somewhere.

He was a perpetual vendor at the Amherst, New Hampshire antique auto flea market.

On a personal note, he and his wonderful wife Priscilla stood by me and assisted me during several rough patches in my life.

His legacy will be wide and enduring. Rest in peace my friend.

Leonard B. Smith, Sr.

Townsend: Leonard B. Smith, Sr., 89, of Townsend, died Monday, January 1, 2018, at his residence

Leonard B. Smith, Sr.Lenny was born in Lawrence, September 24, 1928, one of six children born to Frank and Grace (Blanchard) Smith and grew up in Concord, NH. He has resided in Townsend for over 60 years.

During the Korean Conflict, Lenny served his country in the United States Air Force.

For much of his career, Lenny owned and operated L.B. Smith Company, a general contractor and excavating company. For 20 years he also operated Suburban Gardens Farm Stand in Townsend.

Lenny was an enthusiast of antique cars and farm equipment and especially Model T Fords. Through the years he owned and drove many that he had reconditioned. He was a member of the Model T Club, the Central NH Model T Club, the Model T Snowmobile Club and a charter member of “Yankee Ingenuity”. He attended the First Baptist Church in West Townsend.

He leaves his wife of 60 years, Priscilla M. (King) Smith; three sons, Leonard B. Smith Jr., Kevin S. Smith both of Townsend, Timothy B. Smith of Leominster; a daughter, Linda S. O’Grady of Mason, NH; 10 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren.

He was the brother of the late Vernon Smith of Concord, NH, Everett Smith Sr., of Townsend, Herbert Smith of Littleton, Rev. Donald Smith of SC, Clarrissa Collins of NJ.

Arrangements
Funeral services will be held 11 AM Saturday, January 13, 2018 at the First Baptist Church, 461 Main Street, West Townsend.

Lenny’s family will receive family and friends from 4-7 PM Friday, January 12th at the Anderson Funeral Home, 250 Main Street, (Rte 119) Townsend Center. Please see www.andersonfuneral.com for additional information.

Memorial contributions may be made to First Baptist Church, 461 Main Street, West Townsend, MA 01474.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 11:22 am:

My condolences to the family and his friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Condolences to the family as well as you for the loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

Bill,

What a beautiful remembrance of your friend.

I met Lenny & His Wife when he donated the T Snowmobile
to the MTFCA Museum a few years ago.

They were gracious & kind to me.

His Legacy Lives On.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

Lenny was a welcome and warm hearted visitor to the shop very often. He and Priscilla always attended the BBQ and tours. We will miss him greatly passing through our doors. Such a good soul. Our hearts go out to Priscilla and the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

R.I.P. My prayers go out to the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Condolences to the family, rest in peace Kenny.

Eric and Jennifer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John B. Barrett on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

Thank you Bill for posting this sad news. We were somewhat braced for it, but its still comes as a shock that Lenny's wry wit and humorous tales, not to mention his knowledge and helpfulness will no longer be with us. We will all miss him very much. Lenny has been nominated for the Rosenthal Award and the Ben Yumori Award. Sadly we kept the nomination under wraps, so it would be a surprise for him, so he didn't know. But think of all the Ts that have gone to heaven that Lenny can now work on! God bless you Lenny and sincere condolences to Priscilla and family

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration