OT - Skype (contact for 'testing' help)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Skype (contact for 'testing' help)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Am reaching out for a Forum friend....
Needing someone willing to help me with Skype. I haven't gone the Smart-Phone route, nor do I use any of the social networks... I have Skype installed on my computer, but the kids all use those doggone phones, and Face-Time.
There is an important Skype call for me to connect with mid-day on Thursday, but need/want to do a 'test' call before then, just to make sure I am able to connect. Anyone willing to try me beforehand? Or have a better suggestion? Please PM me with any contact information.
Thanks!

Take Care; Behave; Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

Sent PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

For the sake of completion of this thread, Marv and I just concluded a very pleasant Skype conversation.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

One thing needing to be added... I reciprocally agree with Dick's posting. His help and patience are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Take Care; Behave; Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:16 am:

-Just to let people know-
I have been able to Skype/connect with a daughter, and after telling my grandson about discovering the app earlier Wednesday evening, we were also able to connect. When talking with our daughter, I thought she was on her laptop.... She was on her SmartPhone!
After establishing that fact, I asked her "How?" She says she went to the 'App Store' on her phone, searched, and found 'Skype'. I asked her the cost, but she thought it was 'free'. (Yes, it is!). Regardless, she is able to do Skype from her Apple SmartPhone.... Samsung and others also are adaptable in the same manner. There needs to be an 'acceptance' from both contact sides, then proceed. The 'tech-savvy' grandson said he wasn't aware it could be done. SURPRISE!

I really do appreciate the Forum friends who reached out to me! (and) Hoping what I've now learned is beneficial for someone.

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:22 am:

Voice also works very well in addition to texting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration