Early Ford Sales Ads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Early Ford Sales Ads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:39 am:

I have a number of Ford sales ads (earliest 1903) from magazines. Would there be any interest if I were to post them on here? (They're not for sale or I'd be posting them in the Classifies.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:21 am:

Hi Terry,

Oh, yes, Please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:26 am:

I love the pre-T stuff! Personally, I do not consider it "off topic" because without the pre-Ts? There would be no Ts to have a forum about!
But you might want to put "OT" in the topic line just to keep a few others at bay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Terry,
Yes, please post them. Always good to see T and pre-T ads and information.
Thanks for the offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 09:24 am:

I also say "Yes"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 09:39 am:

There is a wonderful full color ad Iíve seen showing a young man walking up to a woman standing outside her house ... with his mid-twenties runabout in the background, suggesting the T as a good vehicle for young men and salesmen. I would love to have a high resolution file of that to print out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

Well, the vote is unanimous, so I'll have to scan them and resize them before posting them. As I said, the earliest one, as I remember, is from 1903. The others are pre Model T. Rob, One is Model K, only. I, also, have a couple around 1924-25 and I have a complete color set of every model of improved car in 1926-27. It'l be a lot of work and time to scan all of them, but I'll start with the earliest first and then if there is demand for the later ads, I'll do them. I've had them for a decade, but only recently did it occur to me that they might be of interest to other Forum members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

Just had another brain storm, if the editor of The Vintage Ford and The Model T Times would offer to print these ads in the club magazines, they would be much more suitable for framing as they would be printed on glossy paper and could be of higher resolution, Ya think? Any comments?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

The magazines are always looking for new material, go for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 07:29 pm:

The adds would be great! And if you or someone has access to "Drop Box" or something similar, then a higher resolution copy could be hung there and down loaded by those who wanted to print it out etc. I've used "Drop Box" -- but folks had hung a large file there and gave me the address/link? so I could view and/or down load it.

Usually it doesn't take much more effort to scan something a higher resolution and then it can always be compressed. From memory -- not as good as it once was -- I think for items that were printed in a magazine and for sure a news paper etc. usually a 300 dots per square inch (dpi) scan still allows you to zoom in and see the "dots" used to print the illustration. In those cases scanning at a higher resolution just lets you see the dots earlier when you zoom in.

But whatever you could add would be appreciated!

Note you might also want to contact Chris the web master.

But whatever you could add would be appreciated!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:20 am:

Many of these ads are bigger than 9 x 11, so I'm going to have to take them to a print shop and get them scanned on a larger printer, hopefully onto a zip drive which my computer can handle. It would also make it easy to send the zip drive to either/or both magazine editors if they'd like to include them in a club magazine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 07:07 am:

Terry,
Do you have a smart phone or notebook with camera. If so, you might photograph them that way, crop, reduce and post.
Thanks for your work,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

Terry, I like the idea, why not start posting, an "OT Ad of the Day......". Start with the ones that you can scan, and worry about the bigger stuff later, no to little cost this way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Rob, I'll try with my phone. I hadn't thought of that. If I can get the lighting right and have a steady hand, it might work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:56 pm:

I looked at tony Cimarelli's site today. Some of mine may be duplicates of his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Please post that material. It sounds like it would be interesting to many of us.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration