Broke down non Ford--Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Broke down non Ford--Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 08:47 am:

Other cars broke down too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Well that sure ruined the fishing trip !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:13 am:

I'm sure the rear was free of dirt once it was back together...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 11:20 am:

That's a major roadside repair! Now what? Surely they don't have the spare parts with them for that kind of repair. Looks like they are in for a long walk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 11:51 am:

No rush. Looks to be a dead end road and they could walk from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

Looks like an EMF. Somewhat notorious for rear axle trouble-sometimes incorrectly so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

Just adjusting the gear backlash a bit, don't ya know.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

i think emf also. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

They can't be too far from civilization. All they have to do is follow the fence. I'm sure it will lead to somebody, sooner or later. BUT, they're in trouble if that's just a switchback in the road.

Why isn't the cameraman helping out? Is he just laughing at them and taking a blackmail photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

They are installing a lower gear set so they can make it up that hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

I was with a small group that replaced a broken axle in the middle of the road. Had a handful of cars come by during the whole ordeal. One lady in her eighties drove by and made the comment "I bet you boys broke an axle". How she knew I'll never know. Worst part of the whole ordeal is we ran out of beer about half way through the job!!! Oh and this wasn't a story from long ago, it was 2011.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:28 pm:

you cant do anything about a broken axle but running out of beer means you are not prepared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Jeff, did you send that old lady to town to get more beer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

back in my day EMF meant ever morning fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

Every Mechanical Failure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

The hill got so steep that they decided to install a Ruxtell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

Is the fellow looking down reading the instructions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

"Is the fellow looking down reading the instructions?"

Yes. Step One says: "Place car on a clean, level surface."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration