What is this manifold set up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What is this manifold set up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Bibbens on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 09:00 am:

Glad I found the Model t forum great reading and loads of information
Does anyone know anything about this manifold set up
Thanks Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:02 am:

Revised the photo view

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:18 am:

It's for running on jellied strawberries...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Don't know about the carb, but the bottle is a Hydronizer :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

If your T develops the "sniffles" this is the sure fire cure. You might want to add a "dollup" of mentholatum or Vicks Vap-O-Rub to the mixture too. ;<)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

What's the "moisture to engine" line plumbed to? Is it to the carb intake or tapped right into the manifold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

They were selling a version of this thing back in the early 80's. I forget exactly what the theory was. Seems like it was something along the lines of a tiny bit of moisture in the combustion chamber would expand as steam and raise cylinder pressure, or something like that. It worked on P-47's in WWII, but I'm pretty sure it was injected, not drawn in. I wouldn't think it would do much good except in high power situations and that is when your manifold vacuum is the least. It would draw in the most moisture at idle. Might be good for cleaning carbon off pistons, but I doubt it did much good for improving HP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I got a D john deere tractor the radiator top tank will hold 5 gallon of water, there is a line from the top tank back to a valve. When the day got hot and you started to loose power you just turned on some water to the manifold that old tractor would would really come to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Would that do anything to help remove carbon? I know some guys that would spray water in the carb to help remove carbon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 05:53 pm:

Ever notice that your T -- or other vintage car -- runs a little better on a damp night or morning? I think it's the same theory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

Not sure if it's the same deal on your JD or not, Eugene, but I know that stationary engines intended to run on kerosene had a water reservoir on the mixer (carb) to put a little water into the cylinder to prevent detonation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

My 1963 Olds Jetfire had water/alcohol injection. It had a stock turbo charger and used water injection to effectively raise the octane rating of fuel as Olds kept the 10.25 to 1 compression ratio. The alcohol was mainly to keep the water from freezing but added a bit to performance. I blocked the dump gate on the charger (to keep boost to 5-6 lbs) and bumped the boost to around 10-12 lbs. Got a real 215 flywheel hp from a 215 cu in engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Kinda related, I think...a few years ago my dad rigged up a water drip injector into his stove pipe. He heated his house with wood and had a problem with build-up in the pipes. The water created steam, I suppose and cleaned the pipes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

I had a friend that used one on a Ford Falcon. He swore that it gave him 5 more miles to a gallon of gas, and that it ran better. It looked dangerous to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

I took a '60s V8 Ford engine apart and discovered one cylinder had a very slight leak through the head gasket into one cylinder. The leaky cylinder had excessive wear (over .030). The other seven cylinders were perfect. I figured the water vapor washed most of the oil off the cylinder walls resulting in the excessive wear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Here's a similar accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Bibbens on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:28 am:

thanks for all the information
It is very interesting learning from the forum
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration