Wooden felloe wheels, mix and match or match?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wooden felloe wheels, mix and match or match?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Were wheels on early cars matched by manufacturer at assembly or could a car come with 3 Hayes wheels and 1 Prudden wheel? The only difference I suppose would be the felloe clamp plates and the front wheel seals if original. Nitpicky I guess but I've never heard one way or the other. I know demountables require rims to match the wheel for functionality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

I seen orginal car mix match wheel head and sidelights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

I couldn't cite the sources now, but I've read that many Fords came with a mixture of wheels from different makers. The rip Van Winkle even has different hub caps on opposite sides.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration