OT and Humor, be forwarned !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT and Humor, be forwarned !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 04:54 am:

For a lot of us electricity remains somewhat of a mistery..
This might help :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XUQnrNd8Y8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 06:45 am:

And in a Model T, all that electricity whizzes around in a circle. Why doesn't it get dizzy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

That was very enlightening! I'm glad that I watched it, since I'm currently rebuilding my T's generator. I'm going to redesign it and make it even better!

I'm going to remove the field coils, leaving just the armature, which I will wrap with electron-carrying carpet.

I will then remove the factory commutator, and replace it with frog legs that have bits of metal in them. There will be a pair of frog legs on either side of the armature, one for positive and one for negative.

As the armature rotates, the + frog legs will remove the electrons from the carpet, which will travel up through the bits of metal, though the T's electrical system, and then will be deposited back onto the electron-depleted carpet on the opposite side of the armature through the - pair of frog legs.

If my calculations are correct, the generator should both produce and consume 500 watts at -6 volts!

However, the circuit MUST be complete. If it is not, the electrons will accumulate wherever the circuit ends until it explodes, since the electrons will have nowhere to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:52 pm:

If it quits miles from civilization, you can enjoy eating the frog legs while you wait for the AAA or Hagerty tow truck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration