1926 Fordor restoration...continued from 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 Fordor restoration...continued from 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 05:47 am:

This is the original link to this project..
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/676491.html?1482422995

This is the 2017 link to this never ending project...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/801289.html?1514820643

and the saga continues...May there be light at the end of this tunnel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 05:52 am:

Finally getting some paint on some things. The winter has been so cold and with zero humidity. The past two days it warmed up and I was able to do some spraying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 06:51 am:

looks good Don what color is the body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 07:45 am:

You're one step closer Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:08 am:

Looking very nice Don. That will make a happy customer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Spencer, the owner wants it maroon or as close to the original "red" he can get. I'm stepping back when it comes to choosing the paint. The stuff he's looking at is in the $800.00 per gallon range. Its hard to be comfortable dealing with expensive paint...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Don what type of paint do you normally use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:48 am:

I can't wait to see all three of our Fordors parked in a row. Black, Green, Maroon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Bill, the black on this car is said to be the "blackest" paint you can get. Its DelFleet polyurethane code base 9000 single stage. I like it for sanding and cut and polish. It REALLY is a pitch black color. I also like how it covers and lays down, makes for a little easier job. But, I'm no expert on paint or painting cars. I'm sure others will have a different opinion, and that's ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 10:02 am:

I have always used PPG single stage paints. Base coat clear coat hasn't come to be with me yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 07:56 am:

Ed,
I'd be willing to add a fourth car to the line up. Four Fordors has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 01:00 pm:

Eric, What color is your Fordor? Just wondering as I have a '27 Fordor that is a light colored maroon, kind of a wine color. I don't like it and think the paint supplier mixed it wrong, but I'm stuck with it now.

We're in the process of installing a rebuilt engine and new upholstery on it now. You can see a picture of our Fordor on my profile picture.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Eric, do you think our forefathers would have foreseen four Fordor Fords at the forthcoming festival?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Don that is looking great. Looking forward to more photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 02:56 pm:

Don,

I used the color code in the encyclopedia for Windsor Maroon. http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/P-R.htm Yes the PPG paint does run about $800.00 per gallon but it is single stage. You can see the color on my profile page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

John Z, that color is Fantastic! I had a difficult time deciding between maroon and green for ours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 03:42 pm:

I should clarify that I'm using the Delfleet black on the interior trim pieces and other smalls. The body will be painted with PPG Concept DCC 51068 Windsor Maroon. The fenders and splash aprons will be Concept DCC 9300. Both single stage acrylic urethane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:48 am:

John Zibell, can you confirm the paint code number that you used? I'm assuming the PPG 51068 is the same color. I would appreciate any help you can give me on it. Thx.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration