Front fender irons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Front fender irons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 07:42 am:

Do flat top front fenders like 1915 use different irons than later say 1920 front fenders? What are the years for interchangeability of front fender irons? Can someone please post photos of early and later if there is a difference.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 08:43 am:

Tom...
I will email you all the front fender iron info you'll ever need!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 10:03 am:

I have the style used in 1915 (these were used in 1914 to 1917 or so I believe) in a for sale listing in the classifieds. Lots of pics to look at. It will help supplement what Tim will send you. He helped me out as well.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/825992.html?1515690592

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 10:35 am:

While there may be minor differences, according to the 8-5-28 parts book all front fender irons (4809) 1909-1925 will interchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Thanks all. Ben I have a set similar to yours, I think if they were straightened out.

Tim That would be great

Thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:45 am:

They might interchange for the years you gave as far as the fenders go Steve, but the carbide lamp mounting brackets required a different configuration where they attach to the fender brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

Tom I sent you info shortly after my post...so you should've gotten it by now...may have to check your spam folder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 03:35 am:

The flat one is 15 the other is 17 - 23

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration