Old Photo - Brass Era - Auto Camping In The Great Out Doors

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Brass Era - Auto Camping In The Great Out Doors
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 09:15 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 10:57 am:

Grandpa, Dad, & "the Kid", roughing it in the great outdoors.

Do you suppose they caught heck for the "auto" and NOT having hiked in? "REAL MEN would have hiked in and not had to use an auto to get there." I can just hear that being said in the bar when they were telling the latest camping stories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 11:10 am:

I am amazed how quickly they taught that grizzly bear to take their picture. This of course was their last photo before the grizzly had dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

They tied the tent to the "B" pillar of the T. If they rode to camp on horses the tent would moved around a little more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:21 pm:

And a nice variety of hats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Must use cow chips if they want a fire,I see no trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

Hey, don't sneer at cow chips! We tried them for a camp fire out in Nevada once and they burned quite well. Smelled like grass though........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

George, Im glad you said grass!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

That was one very low tent, must have been difficult to get ready for bed, or to get up on the middle of the night to take care of important business

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

In those days, people used to cross the country with a tent and camping supplies on the running board. Wherever the were at sundown is where they camped. I think the motels came later. My grandfather and uncle camped all the way from Los Angeles to Plymouth Rock and up into Ontario and back. That was done in 1926 in a Model T.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration