Ts in parade 1950s

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ts in parade 1950s
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

Came across this snippit in time, ts in the Burbank parade in the 50s]
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPAvzDndUztKenObvDyFy5t-MxbVTBTZDekR-OHwjjU EScD2JR3y5ooCBMk1Txe7Q/photo/AF1QipPE1p8t_WtujmaBSydytoXVk-CaINj54eYhVgmi?key=Q3 Rjb1dMZ1JDRXVWbzZ4R015RjlhbXM2Zk91UmVB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Friday, January 12, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

To think that was 20 years before I lived there, and it's been 40 years since I left.

Time sure flies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 12:41 am:

Is that a slide? Has that kinda 3D look that slides have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 01:58 am:

There are some very cool '54 Fords there too! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 07:42 am:

It always amazes me.....they wanted 30-40 year old cars in their parades at this time because the cars were cool.

It'd be like us having a 1987 Ford Taurus in a parade today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 11:55 am:

I have owned 10 Ford Taurus Station wagons (okay, two were Mercurys) Great cars, but the basic styling changed little from 1985 to 2005. I have a nice 2004 Tuarus now and a 1999 Mercury, both wagons. It would be strange to see one in a parade. I bought my 1910 Touring when it was 36 years old. When I drove it or parked it people would come to look at it. Who bothers to rush up to look at a 1982 Ford now a days?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Clear sky's......only Leaded gas was available and before smog controls became a requirement for vehicles.

Those were the good old days that I remember

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration