Williams metal floor board, need info, pictures. measurements, ect

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Williams metal floor board, need info, pictures. measurements, ect
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 12:52 am:

I would like to reproduce one of the Williams metal floor boards for the speedster project. But, I have never seen one before. I have only seen them in a few ads. So, does anyone have a Williams metal floor board or a similar made floor board that they could take photos of and maybe measurements. Im not good at patent searches, but maybe even the patent drawings, would have enough info for me to make one. Im mostly interested in how the area around the pedals is made, and also the general form of the underside. Thanks ....

Here is one of the better ads showing the floor board Im talking about ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 01:56 am:

Donnie, wouldn't that get pretty hot in the summer? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 08:46 am:

Donnie, Here's the link to the patent info.
Good Luck on your project!

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/74/7a/7c/dba118ca2679e2/US1373284.pd f

BTW: I emailed you the PDF file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 11:44 am:

Jay, The patent drawing shows every detail I will need. Thanks ..

David, Due to me using a dual exhaust manifold, my wood floor boards would only have about 3/8 to 1/2 inch clearance between the manifold and the wood. So I am more worried about fire than heat. I think a heat insulating pad can be added to the bottom of the metal floor board at the manifold/exhaust pipe area to help on the heat. I can also ad one of those thin insulating heat blankets between the floor mat and the metal floor board for more help controlling the heat. And it is an open speedster. Thanks again for the input ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

One possible solution to protecting the wood floor and maybe insulating heat from the exhaust to the metal floor is a product know as Fiberfrax. Comes in rolls or thin sheets.

The idea of wrapping an exhaust pie allows heat to be retained in the metal pipe leading to a shorter life.

Some may want to consider using a ceramic product as a felt to reduce heat transfer.

https://www.unifrax.com/products/papersfelts/fiberfrax-ceramic-fiber-paper-3/

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration