1926 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

I have a 1926 coupe body that I am restoring. Where can I find a drawing that shows how the rear corners are assembled? The rest is all there but the corners were rusted so bad that I could not tell how they were assembled. I have all the patch panels and have made new sub frames but the corners have me at a loss. Any help, thanks

Jim Scott jsjk@sbcglobal.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

You may have seen these. does that help any?
https://www.modeltford.com/i/c/1418715l.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:58 pm:

Already have them. Need to know how the sub frame and cross frame connect in the corner. There are about four or five parts that interconnect there.
Like a jigsaw puzzle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

There is two different corners to the '26-27 coupe, which do you have. One the corner is a 45 degree corner, and the other is butt up square. (mine)

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

Another picture

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:09 pm:

Thank you Thank you Thank you. This is exactly
what I needed. The last photo is better than what I have. I have all the parts but was not sure how to fit them together. Now I do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

Glad to help!
Where did you get the parts? I had to make those new parts in the picture, for a friends coupe.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:04 pm:

You need to contact Vern in New Orleans, Vern (Vieux Carre).

He is rebuilding a 26 coupe that makes yours look pristine.

Do a keyword search on his name and send him a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

The cross piece I got from Howells. The two corner pieces are from model T heaven. The sub rails were bent up out of sheet.
How you made that curved flange is beyond me.
I have photos but they are to big. I will post when I figure out how to reduce them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:43 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/757386.html?1512294734
James, above is the link to my project and I have the corner patch panels too but they are too short to connect up to good metal. So, I'm making my own corners with a bead roller, brake and a shrinker, still playing and learning before I do the real thing. The sub-frame is welded up but the body is also shot all around the bottom, not quite original, as I may overlap instead of butt weld.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:24 am:

Vern,
Unbelievable work. Your dedication and skill level is many levels above mine.

Dose anyone know where I can find a driver side quarter window garnish molding?

Photos of my starting point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:22 am:

A model A rear axle under that frame ? How does that work ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Scott on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:57 am:

At the time of the photo it was just setting on a model a chassis. Now it is on a T frame and in the body shop getting patch panels. Very observant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Not enough to tell the rear frame member A from T ! I kinda thought so Scott, but you never know what interesting adaptations may lurk. I'm also admiring the fine work you are doing here ! Beautiful !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration