I need help, 1921 rewood project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I need help, 1921 rewood project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 08:29 pm:

I need pictures of other members projects of rewooding Tourings. I have a 1921, all new sheet metal and a wood kit from Fordwood. I have no old wood from to guide me. Thatís how I bought it. Thatís my sandwich, just need to see how things splice together. I need pictures.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

Google mtfca; touring wood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/351467.html

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/37630.html

Some of the better postings in the past lead to dead ends. Which is too bad as there were some good info. Maybe using different words in the search might get better results. Some of the wood in above postings is the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

If you bought a wood kit from Fordwood you should have received a basic set of instructions for getting started installing the wood kit.
I have a 21 Touring that I restored about 3 years ago. The wood came from Fordwood and I received the basic instructions.

I started with a restored bare chassis. The first thing to do is to determine the firewall location. Make sure you have the correct firewall brackets. The steel firewall brackets are a little different from a wood firewall. So determine which type of firewall you want to use.
Once you determine which firewall to use bolt it on the chassis. This will help you in getting started where the main wooden frame rails will be bolted to the frame and etc.

Take your time and remember that the wood framework won't just go together. It will fit with a little refitting here and there.
Ford used 5 body makers to build his bodies and while the sheet metal is generally the same for a specific year there are a few small differences that you will have to refit some of the wood to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

Robert, Some pictures I took some 47 years ago of my 21 touring project.

rw 1

rw 2

rw 5

rw 6

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration