1912 motor scam,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1912 motor scam,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 11:45 am:

I currently have a 1912Model T engine listed on EBay. Today I found out that someone is using my picture and verbiage and has listed it on the HCCA classified site. Using the name Bob Kleifer. This is a Scam,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 11:52 am:

The name used was Brock Kiefer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

Larry,

The contact email address on the ad is:

davidquest121@outlook.com

If you are 100% sure this is a scam ad using
your photo - you can contact the HCCA individual
who proccesses the ads directly:

Contact the Webmaster, Brad Balduff at 323-913-2921

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 12:08 pm:

As far as I know I have no relative by the name Brock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

I thought it was a scam when I saw the same picture and location was different than the ebay listing. Bill Elliot told me about it on HCCA and I saw it last night. Who ever it is I hope someone can catch him and stop this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

Before he catches wind of you all figuring out his scam,someone needs to meet up with him and have the cops sitting around the corner and go ahead and nab his sorry behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

https://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?parts#

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-1912-ENGINE/322857374812?hash=item4b2bcc94 5c:g:vDsAAOSw3h1ZWP29&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

According to 411.com, there is a Brock Kiefer living in Portage, WI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

I see these on Craigslist the e mails are spammers from overseas The only thing you can t track them they have bogus emails or highjack emails or phone numbers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

I have called and left messages as well as emailed. No response. Hopefully no one will fall for the scam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 02:32 am:

Add was removed from HCCA. Thanks all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:22 am:

Once - just ONCE - before I go to that "Great Model T Junkyard in the Sky", I want to read about scammers like this being caught, tried and punished, preferably executed. As far as I am concerned, scum bags like this are committing capital crimes and should pay accordingly. I realize that most scammers live in foreign countries, but we also have our own homegrown variety at work. Are there no reciprocal legal agreements between the U.S. and most civilized countries to mutually combat such practices? Or are these scammers ignored - or worse, protected - by their governments as the main source of income for some of the so-called Third World countries? They seem to allow such criminals to operate with impunity and no fear of the law. How else could they continue scamming us year after year? We honest people are like a beached whale lying on the shore with scammers slicing big hunks of blubber from our carcass - and we seem incapable of fighting back.
If the money lost to scammers somehow was tax deductible or otherwise affected the amount of taxes collected by the Government (spelled with a capital "G"), I can guarantee you these kinds of illegal activities would end TOMORROW! Until then, we are on our own and at the mercy of ever-more clever scams thought up by lowlifes too lazy to earn an honest living.
Marshall, a law and order kind of guy
(and kind of grumpy on a snow-filled Monday morning)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:16 am:

Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking. Thankfully there are still a lot of people in the world with integrity. Many of them can be found on this forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

That's an interesting scam ad because even he would have had to pay a pretty good chunk to post an ad with photos on HCCA, would he not? Seems most scammers haunt free sites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

I'm with you, Marshall. Too bad it's pie in the sky. They don't do $#!^ to people they DO catch, much less try to catch someone doing something like an on-line scam. It will most certainly get worse before it gets better. Heck, who am I kidding? I won't get better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

Hey Marshall and Hal, here is the article of the arrest. Granted he was not the end of the line, but these foreign scammers could not succeed with out the help of scum like this.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/12/30/nigerian-prince-email- scammer-louisiana/992073001/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:02 pm:

Paying for the ad is not a problem at all for a scammer.He just uses a stolen id and credit card.
HCCA probably will find out later the money paid for the ad was not legit and will loose the money.But being the scammer is somewhere in a far away land with out conscience it would cost them a fortune only to find out there was no way to recoup the lost funds. So the scammer gets away scott free once again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

It happens the world over. A few years back a 23 Roadster (part of an estate) was listed on the public auction site of a reputable Car Auctioneer (if such exists) here in New Zealand. I was interested and was a bidder. At the same time, the same car (and pictures) were listed as a classified advert on "Pre-war cars" in UK. Implication was that the car was in UK and they were asking about 3x what the 'current' bidding figure was. I managed to track the seller to a Rural address outside London. The reserve was too high and the car did not sell at the auction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 07:24 am:

Gustaf,

Reckon what they will do to the guy? Probably slap his wrist. I like Marshall's idea better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:22 am:

Twice, in the last two weeks, I found cars listed on the local Craigslist that I would have been interested in buying. One was a Willys Knight an the other a Packard. In researching,meaning Googeling, I found both cars advertised elsewhere for higher prices. I responded to both ads and told what I had found and that I was suspicious. Both ads dissapeard from Clist very quickly thereafter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:48 am:

Maybe instead of going to meet one of these scum bags and having the police waiting around the corner, it might be more effective to not bother the police and just take care of the problem with a pick handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:56 am:

This thread is going in the wrong direction.

Advocating death for theft is way off base.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:59 am:

I miss the days of Buy Lines. The fact is that there are many more crooks lurking about these days. I have had nothing but bad luck trying to sell vehicles on Ebay and Craigslist. Very well organized scum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:42 am:

Hey Hal, Maybe they could give him a one way ticket to Nigeria with a grocery bag full of dirty underwear and no chance to come home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Freighter Jim, It was a figure of speech, I would never advocate killing someone for theft but a little ol time justice / education might be a viable solution. Guess we think a little different here in Idaho. Sorry if my post offended anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:23 pm:

I found another Packard listed on a nearby Craigslist that was also on another site several states away. I notified the other, probably legit, seller of the situation. The Craigslist "seller" only used one picture out of several on the legit(?) ad.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration