OT. 1903 Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT. 1903 Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

Anyone know where the vin or serial number is on a 1903 Model A. The MTFCA Museum is going to display one on loan for a while and the owners want to know what the serial number is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:11 pm:

Hey Jerry,

I could not find anything on the Interweb.

KD might know.

FJ

(Message edited by enclosed_ford_transport on January 14, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Ah Jim,

I hope you are not reading while driving/hauling, but i think you missed the year (1903) in the original question.

No harm done. 8>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

apparently on the face of the Flywheel for the earliest examples

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/309968.html?1346930081

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:40 pm:

and the number was stamped on the original coil box too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Gary,

I did a google search & came back with that originally - posted it before I read all the way thru - then removed it.

Today is my day off - I am in beautiful Muldrow, Oklahoma.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

Pate's Early Ford Encyclopedia says that the Ford "number of the machine" is stamped on the rim of the engine's flywheel.

Suppliers of parts to Ford may have stamped their own, different numbers on some parts. For instance, the Dodge Brothers may have stamped a number on the engine support frame, and Wilson may have placed a number on the bodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

KD Sez .....

Body number is on a wood riser beside the on off switch.
Sometimes hard to see under years of paint.

Engine number is on face of flywheel.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

It is on the flywheel, a friend of mine showed the serial number of his on the flywheel. That is also where the timing marks are. Very neat to see! Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 04:11 pm:

Thanks guys, I will pass it on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration