Simple question; Did the 1924-1925 touring and roadsters have a step plate in the front door?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Simple question; Did the 1924-1925 touring and roadsters have a step plate in the front door?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 14, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

I see that the rear doors had them but did the front? If so photo and where can they be gotten? I see the rears listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:04 am:

By definition, Nope.

The body panel side just wraps up around the wood sill and forms the front door opening frame. There isn't a separate part screwed to the wood sill for make a 'step plate'.

1924 touring front door opening

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Great and thank you. :-) There are two screws with nothing attached sticking up in my sill in the area where it might have gone so was wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

And it didnít have that door latch extension either Mark. Take it off immediately and send it to me !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1927-FORD-MODEL-T-DOOR-HANDLE-1920S-CIRCA-20S-22-2 3-24-25-26-27/222797999927?hash=item33dfcbaf37:g:Y8QAAOSwZvRaXV80&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:45 am:

Look at the above photo. Notice how the bottom of the door scrapes the body. Does that answer your question?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

There could still have been a metal cover over the wood sill that could have gone under the lip. That's why the question. I have not looked nor remember seeing how the ones for the back doors are installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Mark

There is none, just the outer body metal.

Wood framing.

This view shows that body panel with door opening, the metal is pulled away in this shot, but when fitted back to the tapered sill, the narrow metal edge forms the only transom for the door opening.

Larry

I fixed that drag of the door on the body metal sill! The door was sagging.

Mark

The rear doors on the touring do have metal 'sill caps'...they mount with small flat head nails into the wood of the body sill.

(Message edited by Dan_Treace on January 17, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:59 pm:

Thanks everyone! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration