FJ - Ford unveils Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang at Detroit Auto Show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - Ford unveils Steve McQueen's Bullitt Mustang at Detroit Auto Show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 04:58 am:

I just watched Bullitt last night again

Then I ran across this ....

@ https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/detroit-auto-show/2018/01/14/2019-ford-mu stang-bullitt/1022006001/

@ https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/01/14/authenticating-the-b ullitt-mustang

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:21 am:

I remember my brother and I going to see Bullitt at the theater and one thing I'll remember is the chase scene in San Francisco where the Dodge Charger was jumping the hills and lost it's hub caps and in the next scene still jumping the hills all the hub caps were back on! good movie. My older brother had a brand new '68 Dodge Charger and was deployed to Viet Nam just as he was getting ready to leave he threw me the keys and said take care of this car while I'm gone! The best day I had with that car was when I could hand him his keys back when he came home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:09 am:

The best part to me was when the bad guys buckle their seat belts prior to the chase, you knew all hell was going to break loose at that moment. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:06 am:

I recall "Bullit" going the theater circuit route paired with "Bonnie & Clyde". Boy howdy, was THAT a great pairing in the early 1970's, even though both movies were a couple years old by then. Of course, I went again and again because of the antique cars in "Bonnie & Clyde" and because of the fabulous, heart-thumping wide-screen chase scene in "Bullit". I probably saw that tandem at least a half dozen times in the theaters, either by myself or with a date, whom I coerced into accompanying me. Neither movie was really a chick flick, so it was a hard sell. I usually couldn't convince a date to go back for a second viewing. Well, I found out early that such relationships were not going to last. These movies were a litmus test for whether a relationship was worth pursuing. :-) The girl I ended up marrying likes both movies! A rare win-win in my life.
Marshall
By the way, oddly enough, I don't recall seeing even one Model T in "Bonnie & Clyde". Given the early 1930's era in Great Depression America - when new cars sales were stagnant, especially in the poorer Dust Bowl states like parts of Texas - I should think Model T's would have been much more prevalent than the many Model A's and Ford V-8's seen in the movie. And count the number of cars with whitewall tires in that movie! REAL true to life back then, eh? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

I read an article this morning on the "Bullitt" mustangs. Their were two, one for stunts the other for easier shots. The one revealed is the car they used for easier shots, the other was found in a Mexican junk yard. It's now back in the states and being restored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

Having owned a 1965 GT 350, 2 1966 GT350's and 2 1966 Dodge Coronet 426 Hemi's I play the chase scene over and over and know exactly what each driver was experiencing. I loved the story of how his granddaughter who had never driven a standard shift came to realize after this experience a car could be fun to drive and not just something to get from point A to B. I'm seeing a muscle car in that girl's future.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

In the fall of 2008 I was lucky to purchase Ford Mustang Bullitt number 1PP01. It is the first 2008 Bullitt made and was used at the launch of the Mustang Bullitt in San Francisco.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

Don,

I transported s 2008 Bullitt Mustang to New Mexico back in 2015 .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Well, Don, it sounds as if you should buy the original so you'll have a matched set! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration