Fun this winter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fun this winter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:51 am:

Spent the weekend driving the T around. Took the kid ice skating, enjoyed the snowfall and used it to run errands all over town. And today I took my boy to school and then drive it into work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:16 am:

How are you getting the corrosive ice melting chemicals off? I'm always afraid that all the seams, nooks and crannies will corrode to nothing. You have a nice original looking car. Great photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:30 am:

Enjoyed your pictures John thanks for sharing them. The folks ice skating goes well with you fordoor. Great car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:38 am:

I thought about the salt and chemicals for about one minute. Then I decided this car was made to be driven so I'm driving it. You are right that it is nice, original looking, and that's why I feel ok driving it. It's not a restored trailer queen. I really hope I don't do much damage but it is just a blast to drive around town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

You took some nice pictures. I appreciate your decision to drive the car. We drive two Ts on the treated roads in the winter. The enjoyment my family gets out-ways the work of restoring or replacing the parts should that be necessary. I have other cars I would not subject to this. It is a choice we can make.
It sure looks like you had fun.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:52 pm:

Hi John, Nice pictures - thanks for posting them.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

Great photos, my favorite is the old girl sitting proud in the parking lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 04:40 pm:

The snow kept falling so I went out to play again. Stopped at a couple local historic spots, including the ice skating pond I was at yesterday.

Also, finally was able to accomplish something that I've waited for snow to be able to try. It is possible to drift a Model T. It was hard with a sticking Low Gear pedal, but I was able to hang the car out for over half a block. I'm sure some folks on here will scold me for it, but I'll bet it's not the first time this car has been treated "poorly".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:24 pm:

John, That last photo looks like it could maybe be a cover for The Vintage Ford. Bravo for braving the elements. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

Nice pictures! She sure left her mark in the first photo! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration