Cleaning air passages

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cleaning air passages
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

When cleaning the passages out , just straight drill correct ? Saw old pictures of wires going through passages , can't get my wires to pass through the same way , or were there 4 wires used in example ? Sorry for the dumb question but want to rebuild it right . Thanks .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

I will assume that the NH carb is the subject here.
If the photo below is what is referenced here, then essentially you are correct.

1. Approximately Perpendicular to the mounting face.
2. Angled towards the stem.
3. Angled towards the stem.
4. Perpendicular to the stem.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL TO NOT BREAK THE DRILL BIT INSIDE THE PASSAGE.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

Thanks bob !! I've drilled them out with a No.36 bit , was confused by 1 and 3 , they both have blue on them so I was thinking they were one wire , lol!! Thank you again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 03:17 pm:

Yes, there are sharp angles inside, so no wire will go all the way through any passage. Uncle Stan recommends cleaning passages with a piece of brass-wound guitar string. It's hard enough to knock loose any dirt, and soft enough not to damage anything. Instead of plugging the holes with brass rod after cleaning, you can thread them with an 8-32 bottoming tap and plug them with set screws so there will be no drilling next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

Thank you Mr. Jelf .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration