Early brass horn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Early brass horn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

This illustration is a drawing not a photo, so some question as to whether the horn is a real 09 part or not. Still suggests that multiple horns and bulb mountings were underway early on. I would assume this mounting fared better as far as water collection, freezing, etc. Looks like a standard right hand model per the inlet tube. Curious that this brochure talks about Aluminum bodies where I have consistently understood that Aluminum showed up on mid 09's? I will assume this was a later publication as per the comment about Black body color.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Where did this brochure come from?
It is curious that the description states that black "was" not an option, not is not an option.
I agree that it must be a later publication.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Hello Herb:
Just found this floating around on Google. Publication is almost certainly a later affair... borrowed illustration could be an authentic early Ford catalog piece...looks like typical early charcoal sketch...heavy on the detail...somebody spent a lot of time on this.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Back to the horn discussion...looks like a bit of excessive horn hose length...curious whether this serves a practical purpose, or maybe just using a standard length hose without cutting it? Is the horn a single twist...looks like it could be. Scale of the horn bell here is confusing and I question whether this may be the same Rubes, Standard, or Nonperiel horn used in late 12-13 production?
Regards,
Scott

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration