The sound of my T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: The sound of my T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

I just put the head back on my '21 after having it resurfaced. I don't know how much was removed. The machine shop was told to remove the minimum to make sure it was flat. The engine has been rebuilt about 50 miles ago. I put an old stock Victor copper head gasket on it. Nothing else was done to the engine, except an oil change. I can't describe it but the engine sounds different now, good, like before but different.
Reckon why? More compression?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 05:29 pm:

The "I don't want to sell it price" just went up again on my car. Not only does it sound good but it starts better than ever. I just hand cranked it about a dozen times. Several times I only pulled the handle 10-15 degrees. The engine must have had a problem that I was not aware of before. I didn't see any sign of trouble when I removed the head but I wasn't looking very close. I'm anxious to drive it but it's too cold today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

Post a video?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Better compression ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

I'm with Tom.
Better compression or the expanding gasses not being somewhat wasted between the gasket and the head anymore?
Good to hear just the same!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:29 am:

Though it's colder than a well diggers hip pocket, I planned to drive the car today. That probably ain't gonna happen. I am hurting all over, and all under this morning. Even my moustache hurts. I will most likely spend the day in my recliner. Maybe tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:45 pm:

I probably won't drive the T tomorrow. The forecast is for snow tonight. It is supposed to be nice and warmer by the weekend though.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration