Model T in Rhode Island-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Model T in Rhode Island-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

I'd say it is a '12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:31 pm:

Interesting that it has John Brown 19 headlights that have been electrified and E&J side lamps.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 12:22 am:

That is a 1912 " third issue " licence plate. RI did not enter the 5 digit age until a year later.

Plates prior to 1912 were black with white letters. They started in 1904 with the number "1" and worked up from there. Before 1908, the plates were one time purchase, no yearly fee. After that, they needed to renewed each year. If you had an earlier number, you got to keep it. Some families still have their ancestors old numbers.

I live in RI and have plate 1603 on my '08 Mitchell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:00 am:

The most interesting thing on that '12 is the wheels. Notice the round rim nuts! Finally a photo that show them clearly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

What are you referring to Larry?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration