Please Help Identify This Cowl Light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Please Help Identify This Cowl Light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

This light was sitting in the back seat of the 1924 Touring that I recently Purchased.
Is it for an earlier T?
Approximate value?

Thanks!

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

Yes, any T before 1923 and after 1914
If it has a clear lens it's one of these

If it has a red lens it's one of these

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

By the way Martin, did you succeed in retrieving all of your illustration files?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bernie glass on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

hi if all parts were put in a book illustrated like this I would like to buy one thanks bernie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 04:19 am:

Mark...Nope, they're lost and gone...these I had on another drive. I can get all the Model T Jpgs from Langs that I've sent them, the ones I can't get are the ones I was working on (the 2 parts of the transmission, the drive shaft both one and two piece, windshields, generator and the 3 parts of the engine), plus some stuff for Glen Chaffin, John Stoltz and Larry Smith. Some of them I've got, but most of it is gone, the originals are certainly gone for good, I'll just have to redraw them, but hey, I'm retired, what else do I have to do with my time...that's what started this project in the first place, trying to find something to relieve the boredom of being retired. :-)

Bernie...that was the idea for these, except my book version had Ford Factory Numbers and Change Dates rather than the Vendor Numbers that you see in the ones I post here. Factory Numbers are what the Benson Ford Museum files their collection of Model T Ford drawings by. So you could go to that museum and request any drawing they had on file there by using the illustrations with the factory numbers on them...you could also refine your search by adding the change date you're looking for as well. My book was going to be comprised of Model T Ford cars and trucks from 1909-1927 and the entire production run of the Model TT too. I was just about done with the "Chassis" book and was preparing to move onto the "Body and Upholstery" side of things....oh well...looks like I've got some catching up to do...fun never quits! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 07:18 am:

Martin,

I can certainly identify. I draw all day at work and when something happens and I loose something, it really ticks me off. Yeah, I get paid the same to redraw it as I did to draw it in the first place, but it still bothers me that it was lost. I am very sorry you were not able to recover your files.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration